Froyo Disaster. Help!

RickCunn

Reaction score
My Motorola Droid upgraded last week. BIG of problems:
1) I bought an app after upgrade and it won't install. Now what?
2) A bunch of my apps have tried pushing upgrades and they won't install. Now what?
3) This morning I turned phone on and got message "SD card damaged. You may have to reformat it". So what happens to my apps after a reformat wipes it clean? What about the ones I bought? How do I find them?

Are the geniuses at Google working to fix this mess? I know two other folks with the same phone and a lot of problems with apps.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The apps that say they have updates, do the current versions on your phone work?

If you reformat your sd card, you won't lose apps unless you've used the "move to sd" feature. You WILL, however lose data that apps store on your sd card such as game progress and settings for some apps. You'll also lose any pictures and music you may have in the card. There's no reason to.believe that the update could have damaged your sd card. Before reformatting it, I'd try simply taking it out and then reinserting it to make sure it's seated properly in the slot.

Google checkout saves the apps you've bought. If they do somehow get uninstalled, you can always redownload them by pressing menu in the market and selecting downloads.

Emitted from X.

OP
R

RickCunn

Reaction score
I removed and reinserted the SD card. No effect.

OK. I'll reformat it and hope the apps reinstall themselves. And yes the apps are working currently, at least the ones I've checked.

Do you have an idea why the app purchased after the upgrade would not install, or why the updates pushed won't complete? I realize the official Google SW writer position is that they checked and fixed EVERY contingency, that nothing could go wrong, etc. And Vista was a smooth roll out, right? I find it curious that the phone was working flawlessly before the Froyo upgrade, and now I am having problems. I also know two others who had app problems after the upgrade.

Before the upgrade I checked the space on the SD card. My OS (Snow leopard) reported something like 14 GB used. Yet when I checked folder by folder I get about 7 GB used. Are there hidden folders my OS can't see yet somehow count?

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
If that doesn't work you can try the full-install version (see Froyo Circus thread) or go to Verizon store and have them do it for you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk