Froyo changed codecs for videos ?

MarkDF

Reaction score
After the 22D update, I can no longer view videos that I use to view under 2.1. I get an error from the gallery saying "Can't play this video." I'm aware of the problem that 01B had with AAC that 22D has resolved, but hadn't heard of this problem before.

Anybody else having this problem?

OSX2000

Reaction score
It's just Stagefright, messing things up again. It kills AACs and some MP4s, streamed or local. I have yet to find an end-all fix for it, so I have Stagefright disabled in the build.prop file, and everything plays now.

OP
M

MarkDF

Reaction score
It's just Stagefright, messing things up again. It kills AACs and some MP4s, streamed or local. I have yet to find an end-all fix for it, so I have Stagefright disabled in the build.prop file, and everything plays now.

Sounds like a rooted thing. My phone is not rooted, and I'd prefer not to do that. Is there a non-rooted fix for this backwards direction in the 2.2 "upgrade"?

oilstain

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, I'm guessing not everyone is, or there would be more threads about it.

This really sucks though, I don't want to spend the time and effort learning about and going through the process of rooting just to get vids that used to play playing again.

Youtube won't play, nor will any other vid I've tried to stream since my OTA "Update"