Froyo built in wireless tethering hotspot

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by djrakun, Jun 28, 2010.

1. RW-1

RW-1 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    More to the point, the OS native hotspot capability will not be included, it HAS to be a VZ provided app, otherwise VZ couldn't track the bandwidth usage ... of course there is still the android wi fi tether, but not to your liking or suitability.

2. RemyL75

RemyL75 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Then I would have to assume that the Nexus One has a test version that was distributed VIA OTA.

Here is a YouTube video showing the Nexus One running Froyo.

At the 4:38 mark, they go into the tethering and hotspot section of the options. If i hadn't seen the pics and videos on this, I wouldn't have even gotten my hopes up about it. But people keep taunting me lol.

So what is shown in the video isn't built into the underlying OS?? And if it's not, why would it be available on the Nexus One, when it's not attached to any specific company in such a way that it would have the custom UI and features??

I'm not trying to be a pest, I swear. But I am really looking for this feature and as i said before, they keep teasing me with it lol

3. RW-1

RW-1 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    AFAIK for the N1, google uploads the OS, there is nothing on top of it, or limiting placed by T-Mobile ... That would explain it, but let me know if incorrect, because Froyo hasn't really hit the N1 as of yet, so it remains to be seen natively.

4. RemyL75

RemyL75 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    I believe you are correct, and actually, it was reported hthat the N1 was the first and so far only phone to get Froyo through OTA

5. djrakun

djrakun Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If verizon can write an app that does it, that means the driver versions in froyo support it, which means anyone can write it ( by anyone I mean the few geniuses that subscribe to this forum that can make their droids make toast if they wanted to).

Search tags for this page
android wifi hotspot source code
droid 1 froyo hotspot app
froyo mobile ap

froyo wifi hotspot download