Froyo + BB anyone else having this prob?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Daft-H, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Daft-H

Daft-H New Member

okay, so i currently have froyo on my droid, but every time i try to put bb on it, be it v.1 or .2, my marketplace decides not to work. it will download an app, and then say installation unsuccessful. and it only does this if i have bb with froyo. Without bb, it dl's everything just fine, but with it all apps fail to install with the message. is that a bb bug? or is there any fix for it?

TL;DR - froyo + bb = app installation unsuccessful
  2. bad4u

bad4u New Member

I will tell you the same thing every one else will, do a search, it has been discussed over and over. Are you trying to install right after boot? Dont, let it sit for at least 10 min while it sync's everything.

If it still wont download, did you wipe 3x?

did you search for market fix?

Welcome to the forums, dont forget to do an intro post.
  3. Daft-H

Daft-H New Member

i did let it sit, and by wipe 3x do you mean wipe the data and cache or what? and i did install the market fix
  4. bad4u

bad4u New Member

yes data cache data cache data cache, thats how I usually do it.

Go into market, hit menu > downloads> at the top does it show any downloading? if so stop them all. then do one at a time.

try to prevent your screen from turning off, when it sleeps it might try and kill the market.

is it one specific app?

did you check these...

Forums and News covering all Droid Phones. The Verizon Droid community & information resource! - Search Results for market and froyo

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...hose-who-having-problems-market-froyo-v2.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/pending-submissions-questions/52213-market-problems-froyo.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/51596-help-market-wont-load-froyo.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-chaos/49974-market-update-fix-froyo-leaked-version-2-a.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/52828-market-froyo-issues.html

There are multiple solutions to every problem, kinda sucks to read through all that, but its actually better, you educate yourself along the way. :icon_ banana:

Plus, you want to avoid the moderators by doing posts that have been done....

*whispering... some of them are crazy....
  5. Daft-H

Daft-H New Member

okay, thank you for those links, im gonna read through all of em and thanks for the tip, and sorry for making this, i searched but i guess not good enough, anyways thank you for the links once agian, and its not just one app its any i try to download with b installed, and i tried the screen thing and no luck, still fails, but im gonna read through those links now
  6. Daft-H

Daft-H New Member

thank you so much!! markets working, i cleared data and cache like you said, and i installed that fix you sent i had the old one i think, but anyway im gonna try and get nextheme to work. thank you once again though :D
  7. Daft-H

Daft-H New Member

ugh when i install the theme, it doesnt work... it does the same thing it was doing and i read in one of those links you posted that themes designed for v1 will break the market, but this one is for v2... so does this mean i cant have nextheme with froyo? and i reinstalled the market fix and it didnt do anything so am i just going to leave froyo unthemed? i was using this :

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/52967-nextheme-froyo.html
  8. bad4u

bad4u New Member

Are you using sprecovery or have you downloaded rom manager from the market and flashed clock work.

I would suggest clockwork.

Think I read somewhere if you use the spr way and have to rename to update then it breaks permissions.

then check out this link

[Theme] NexTheme for Bugless Beast V0.2.1 (6/15/10) - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - [Theme] NexTheme for Bugless Beast V0.2.1 (6/15/10) - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - Forum

so your gonna have to start over again, bugless> install rom manager> flash clockwork> then apply the nextheme

... isnt rooting fun!

and dont forget to throw on an overclock kernel :) I only use the 900 right now, good balance between speed and battery

One you get it all set up I recommend the stickys on disabling the shutdown script and configuring the virtual memory
  9. Daft-H

Daft-H New Member

I'm using clockwork, but I do have sprevovery as an alternate recovery. I finally got everything the way I want to, but thanks for that link, ill check it out sometime, and I have a similar kernel, forgot the mhz, but thank you for all your help I got everything working the way I need it now, theme and all. You helped me a lot thanks a bunch, I can't donate anything right now, but if there's some other way I can thank you, please let me know. And ill bd sure to check out stickys
  10. Daft-H

Daft-H New Member

according to cpubenchmark, im @ 800 mhz is that what you ment by overclock kernel?
  11. bad4u

bad4u New Member

yeah 800 is decent.

donate to pete hes the man.dancedroid