1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Froyo / BB.1 messaging app

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by c0Ld, Jun 9, 2010.

1. c0Ld

c0Ld New Member

Is there anyone else that finds the whole contact picture next to every message idea ugly and messy as hell? I loved the look of the 1.1 picture / fb message on top, texts on bottom. Is there any way to safely get the old look back?
  2. Surged

Surged New Member

Yea I don't like it either. I like the speed of 2.2 but I miss the old messaging app, bekit's kernel (ran a lot cooler than the 2.2 p3s), and my old theme.
  3. zxcv12

zxcv12 New Member

Agreed. I tried using the old version where you could change the LED light, background, etc. and it crashes every time you send a message. That was an awesome version of the mms.apk... Anyone know a working version for BB froyo??
  4. bitter

bitter New Member

Agreed. I like having the black backround as well.
  5. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

BB froyo issues/questions/fixes

I have seen many people with different questions and they all seem to be repeated so I just figured I'd try to throw this together to help a little bit to try and keep the BB froyo threads down. If anyone can add to this info to keep amount of threads down that would be great. Or if I am wrong with any info please feel free to correct me.

PETE has placed download links to maps, flash, and the new baseband in the OP
    [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.1 FRF57 (FROYO) RC - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.1 FRF57 (FROYO) RC - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - Forum

LINKS:
    BASEBAND:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/50198-all-one-baseband-update-pete.html
    FLASH:
    http://img.droidforums.net/roms/P3DF-Flash.zip

Maps
    I personally have only had one issues with maps when I first moved to bbfroyo from the latest version of froyo without wiping. Like many it wouldn't install from market. I wiped data and cache and reloaded bbfroyo and maps installed fine from market.
    Another way to fix it is to use adb and push maps to your system.

reboot into recovery. mount yoru system. place maps in your androidsdk\tools folder
    adb push Maps.apk /system/app
    adb shell chmod 755 /system/app/Maps.apk
    reboot (credit to bill for doing this and repoting it works)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/49238-froyo-release-thread-117.html#post526146 post 1166 has a link to a maps update.zip fix

Also pete said if you try and clear market cache and data then try to download maps.

Kernels

Like the OP states you can use any kernel made for froyo.
    Pete also said this:
    On this release if you want to go above 800Mhz you need to use a cpu scaling application or run the appropriate command.
    These steps will allow you to o.c without set cpu. I found this at alldroid posted by xsiborg.

1. IMPORTANT: Make a backup so you can revert back just in case your phone won't boot, etc.
    2. Root Explorer: Copy /system/etc/install-recovery.sh to /sdcard
    3. Root Explorer: Rename /sdcard/install-recovery.sh to install-recovery.txt
    4. ES File Explorer Text Editor: Edit /sdcard/install-recovery.txt
    - Look for the line "echo "800000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    - I changed mine from "800000" to "1200000"
    - Of course don't forget to save
    5. Root Explorer: Rename /sdcard/install-recovery.txt to install-recovery.sh
    6. Root Explorer: Move /sdcard/install-recovery.sh back to /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
    - Make sure you are in R/W mode
    - Overwrite existing copy if prompted
    7. Root Explorer: Make sure the permissions on /system/etc/install-recovery.sh is set to r-xr--r--
    8. Reboot

[ROM] Bugless Beast V0.1 FRF57 (FROYO) RC - Page 16 - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.1 FRF57 (FROYO) RC - Page 16 - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - Forum

Flash
    If flash is not workign for you download the flash apk by itself and place it on your sdcard then use astro, root explorer, or any other package installer you use to reinstall flash.

Themes
    Team chaos has some themes for froyo that work for bb. Clean black, Red rum, Black Ice. Also blue energy for froyo. You can find these under appropriate sections. I have not tested these I only have heard this from others who have.

MMS.APK
    Many people have tried to install the mms.apk with extra settings and black background onto froyo releases and so far I have not seen anyone be successful. It ends up force closing.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  6. c0Ld

c0Ld New Member

bump. anyone have any ideas?
  7. djrausch

djrausch New Member

I used the one from 2.1, and it ran ok, but it would FC when sending messages. The messages would send, but it was just a pain.
  8. zxcv12

zxcv12 New Member

Yup, same. I like that version so much more I almost thought about putting up with it... but no.
  9. c0Ld

c0Ld New Member

I've switched to handcent for now, but I secretly hate how bloated it is with a burning passion so I'd really like to find a better workaround :(
  10. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

THIS needs to get stickied quick!!! lol

Good looking out.
  11. kook

kook Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Great write up.
  12. raveen

raveen New Member

im not sure why this happend im a bit of a noob i think it was cause i tried to install with out the baseband at first maby but my phones deactivated i can connect with my wifi but the normal phone it self needs to be activated and the phone keep promping me too and being that its this late verizon isnt openthe automated system wont activate me and i guess ill wait till the moreing to activate it is there anything i can do to fix this?
  13. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Yes....wait til later. :) Thats about it.

Try around 7-8, If that doesnt do it, try around 9. It happened cuz Verizon does maintenance at the wee hours of the night..U cant login to your account either when they doing maintenance.

I think the maintenance thing needs to be added to the OP.
  14. eg92b16a2

eg92b16a2 New Member

I can not uninstall flash so I can reinstall it. Any suggestion
  15. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I didn't uninstall flash. I just reinstalled over it and it.

Good luck.
  16. eg92b16a2

eg92b16a2 New Member

It will not allow me to install flash. I downloaded the flash apk and use astro to install flash. But it will just give me two option. Uninstall or launch. When I click launch it says not found. Uninstall is not successful.
  17. Character Zero

Character Zero New Member

Can I add 2 more shortcuts to the bottom of the launcher where the "phone" and "browser" are. There seems to be space but dragging doesn't work.
  18. tsitalon1

tsitalon1 New Member

>>>Nevermind<<<
  19. justin.graeff

justin.graeff New Member

I also had this problem. I tried out the updated version they had posted for 2.1, but it would crash when sending an MMS or trying to change the font size. It would also FC when I tried to choose a name for sending. So I reverted back to the one that came with the ROM and am now using handcent. I don't really like handcent, but I will deal until they come out with an updated version. I can't stand the white background.
  20. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I used Astro to reinstall Flash over the previously installed Flash. When I clicked on the apk and selected install, it popped up a window that asked if I wanted to install over the previously installed version. I clicked yes.
Search tags for this page

bbm for froyo

blackberry messenger apkos froyo

hack bbm for froyo