froyo 450% faster than 2.1

superglen99

Reaction score
http://www.androidguys.com/2010/05/12/benchmarks-put-android-22-wicked-fastlike-450-faster-21/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+androidguyscom+%28AndroidGuys%29.
This looks promising!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
"JIT happens!" I have an old Metroworks Codewarrior shirt that says that on the back. JIT will make a huge difference when it comes to app speed. I'm sure they're also tuning up UNIX too. How exciting! The Droid is gonna smoke too.

mach330

Reaction score
can't wait for this update. i hope late this yr? but then again..that 2.1 took a long time. so maybe next summer. lol

jasonb

Reaction score
Awesome. My dad, a java programmer was shocked when I told him Android wasn't using JIT yet. He told me that JIT can make things a lot faster. I guess he was right. Hopefully the Incredible will get this update.

OP
superglen99

superglen99

Reaction score
the reason JIT has not been used yet is stabilit. There are some roms out there where you can enable/disable JIT via scripts and I have had those roms. In my experience JIT caused force closes and reboots with my phone. So now with Google working to include it in Froyo, it should be good to go :)