Froyo 2.2 update pictures and videos cannot be viewed/played

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by puskar69, Aug 26, 2010.

1. puskar69

puskar69 New Member

Anybody else having this issue with the froyo update on the origional moto droid 855? I have had MULTIPLE phones come back with this issue and Verizon Tech support said they "have never heard of that". Pfft. My personal phone is having that same issue.

I have tried using sdrescan, pulling battery and memory card and letting them sit out. Tried putting card in pc removing all pics and vids and then putting them back onto the card.

Any suggestions?
  2. puskar69

puskar69 New Member

nothing? really?
  3. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

I have both 2.2 updates now. All photos can be viewed, both the ones taken by the camera and the ones that I transferred to the phone. All are jpg. Videos are another matter. All the MP4 videos can be viewed, but the phone will no longer play any wmv movies. The wmv ones played fine on 2.1. I haven't tried to solve the wmv problem because it is not important to me. If I see a solution, I will do it, but I'm not spending a lot of time to try to solve it for myself.
  4. puskar69

puskar69 New Member

that makes a ton of sense.... i will just get a wmv to mp4 converter for it then. Hopefully that will solve the problem... thanks for the input :)
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

6. must_i_register

must_i_register New Member

I've been searching for an answer or another original Droid user with the same issue. (Perhaps I'm the only one with family far away and small kids that Granny wants to see videos of...)

The videos from the first video player had a 30 second timer and MMS setting, this new video has a 60 second MMS setting but the videos are not received by others as videos that can be viewed. I am sending via text.

I'm looking to be able to download a video recorder app that lets me do what the first Droid video did or to move back to Droid 2.1. I'd rather have the lesser features of 2.1 and get my video feature back.

Anyone else have this issue??
Search tags for this page

can not see pictures or videos displayed on droid 2

froyo video player

photo cannot be displayed on android

pictures cannot be viewed on android 2.2

videos cannot be viewed