1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Froyo 2.2 messaging issue or me?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Derick1965, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derick1965

Derick1965 New Member

I just upgraded my Motorola Droid from 2.1 to 2.2. I am wondering if it is just me or if something changed with the messaging set up. Before when I would send someone a message and I started typing their name it would show the mobile and home number so I would not txt to a landline....now it just lists all phone #'s with the name I am sending message to. Is there a way to correct this?
    Thanks all
  2. porsche996

porsche996 New Member

Check your contacts list. Maybe something got jumbled in there; mine still works the same as it did in 2.1 (when you start typing a name, all the numbers for that person show up, and it says if it's a home, mobile, work, etc. number, so you pick the right one to text to)
  3. Derick1965

Derick1965 New Member

In my contacts it shows home, mobile, other...etc. I even powered phone down and back up after the upgrade. It is still showing just the phone numbers in messaging without the home, mobile tags. I looked in settings in both contacts and messaging to see if I needed to check/select something to no avail. Very annoying. My wife also has Droid and she will upgrade at work today. I will check her phone later.
  4. Gkope

Gkope New Member

Same here. Mistakenly sent a text to a landline. No, I didn't pay the fee to have it delivered. But had to retype and resend the message to the correct number. I also would like to know if there is a solution to only check mobile numbers.
  5. harlock

harlock New Member

Did you guys have a problem with your personal avatar getting pulled over from facebook? My Moto Droid is pulling over everyone else's but mine.
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.