Froyo 2.2 Friday?

Spydaz

Reaction score

VegaLA

Reaction score
Aside from Flash what advanatages does 2.2 have over 2.1 anyway?
Will it make the UI that much more slick?

What do we have to look forwards too with 2.2?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
i was just informed via verizon rep that 2.2 has already started to be sent out to all DROID handsets starting on the 10th.. ALL MOTO DROIDs meaning droid 1 & droid x. Go see for yourself at this link: https://smartphones.verizonwireless.com/support#/zip%7C11772/page%7C275/products%7C1000:2118/filters%7C1:7

CLICK ON THE "ANDROID SOFTWARE UPDATE" that is in red on bottom right. Yes the PDF is just displaying the DROID but its for all DROID devices...

I believe you got some faulty information. To my knowledge, the MotoX is still next month as MotoBlur is in the mix for the update and a consideration in building the release. Just as the Incredible also has not had the OTA release started yet, since the Sense integration had to be accounted for.

At this time, the ORIGINAL Motorola Droid is the ONLY Droid handset getting an OTA. There is a good chance Incredible is about to start, but nothing firm on that or the MotoX.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Aside from Flash what advanatages does 2.2 have over 2.1 anyway?
Will it make the UI that much more slick?

What do we have to look forwards too with 2.2?

You can run a search for past topics on this. There are drastic changes on 2.2, including an entirely new way it processes information, increasing speed exponentially.

Spydaz

Reaction score
Just called tech support 2 seperate times and both techs confirmed that the droid x and the droid will be recieving the 2.2 froyo update through this week!.... This is what Verizon is telling me.. They are reading this off of there updated notes from today.. Take it for what its worth, im just relaying what i have heard.. call the 800 number for yourselves.. Seeing is believeing, i know but this sounds pretty legit!

soba1

Reaction score
I personally think they want the Droid 2 to have all the love.....
Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog - Part 4

I think D2 may come with froyo outa the box.
Why not it is the flagship device

It's definitely not the flagship. The DX has more features I believe. Does the D2 have a lower MP camera and no HDMI out/ HD video?
Signature device?
The original Droid got em back in the dance.....
Hey the X is the $hit no doubt..............................................:lifting:

dangerous

Reaction score
I just received this email from VZW

A DROID update for you and your employees

DROID by Motorola - even better with Android™ 2.2 (Froyo)!
Within the next few weeks, two over the air software updates will be sent to the DROID
devices on your company's account. The first update will bring the device operating
system to Android 2.2. The second update will enable users to download Adobe® Flash®
Player 10 for Android to the device once it is available in the Android Marketplace.

With the Android 2.2 (Froyo) free software update, the people on your account
who use the DROID device will enjoy these and many more enhancements:
bullet_black.gif
New security options including:
– Remote device wipe and device lock.
– Password complexity and minimum password length.
– Wipe after a certain number of password attempts and enforcement of
auto lockout time.
bullet_black.gif
Enhanced browser performance for faster loading of JavaScript heavy pages.
bullet_black.gif
Easy shortcuts for access to the phone, application launcher, and browser
from any of the five home screens.
bullet_black.gif
Use Bluetooth® voice dialing for hands-free calling and hear your instructions
repeated back for accuracy.
bullet_black.gif
Improved Web browsing with Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 for Android.
After completing the software update, download and install Adobe Flash
(available late summer) from the Verizon Tab in the Android Market to view
your favorite Flash powered websites and access Flash based applications. As with any update, the user will be notified that a system update is available on the device.
Press "install now" and the device will power off and back on, and the installation process
will begin.

For a complete list of enhancements, updates on availability of Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1
for Android, as well as step-by-step instructions on how to install the update please
visit verizonwireless.com/droidsupport.

Please share this exciting news and update instructions with the people on your account
who have the DROID device.

While the update is free, data charges may apply.

avt123

Reaction score
I personally think they want the Droid 2 to have all the love.....
Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog - Part 4

I think D2 may come with froyo outa the box.
Why not it is the flagship device

It's definitely not the flagship. The DX has more features I believe. Does the D2 have a lower MP camera and no HDMI out/ HD video?
Signature device?
The original Droid got em back in the dance.....
Hey the X is the $hit no doubt..............................................:lifting:

For right now, I think the DX is the flagship. Once the Pro comes that will be the flagship and the DX and D2 will just be highend.

RobStemen

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with VZW tech support and they said the 2.2 push would begin next week. Take it for what it is.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I just received this email from VZW

A DROID update for you and your employees

DROID by Motorola - even better with Android™ 2.2 (Froyo)!

I also got this email from VZW. I forwarded it to my Verizon Account Managers for clarification, as they way I read it, it looks like this only covers the original "DROID 1" and not the Droid X.

Reaction score
Spoke at length with my Verizon Account manager, and confirmed that this covers all Android phones manufactured by Motorola and on Verizon's network. (Namely: Droid 1, Droid 2, Devour, and Droid X will all be on 2.2 after the updates run their course.)

The Froyo push will be an OTA "randomly" each night which actually started yesterday and will continue to be pushed out until complete.

The 2.2 Froyo upgrade is SEPARATE of the Flash Software installation, which is actually slated for release later in August via the Android Market.

The OS upgrades are released by the manufacturer of the phones, so sorry HTC & LG Android users, no update for you yet.

Spydaz

Reaction score
Awesome!! Now i will jump directly to my phone when i wake up lol. My wife is going to love that!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk