Froyo 2.2 Friday?

wtherrell

Reaction score
Nice!

[/quote]
Barely reached mid-60's here...so...I'd say summer is over! Where's the update? :) :) :)[/QUOTE]
We don't even get down to mid 60's at night here now! 97 degrees today, 98 tomorrow. Hey, that means that when I play golf I can shoot the temperature! Now if I can just live long enough for my scores to equal my age----

Horch it

Reaction score
My co worker, who has a Evo comes over and tells me he's got 2.2 and asks if I have it...I'm thinking WTF, come on Slowrizon...true story

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
It seems like the Verizon sales reps aren't phone geeks like us, but regular folks just trying to sell.

Cheers,
-Justin

this is true for sure... I was showing the rep all kinds of stuff about my DX when I went in to look at their case selection... you would think they would be a little more knowledgeable, but I guess all aren't...

fbmustang69

Reaction score
My mom got the droid x last friday and the verizon guy actually showed her how to check for the update when it comes out on the 21st. All I could was laugh. Got to love those guys. I think they tell someone about the update them check the forums and get a good laugh.

heycow

Reaction score
It seems like the Verizon sales reps aren't phone geeks like us, but regular folks just trying to sell.

Cheers,
-Justin

this is true for sure... I was showing the rep all kinds of stuff about my DX when I went in to look at their case selection... you would think they would be a little more knowledgeable, but I guess all aren't...

A lot of the reps at Verizon stores are phone geeks. Some of them are really knowledgeable about the devices and service. Others though are just sales people who happen to work for a cell company. :)

dbigdawg

Reaction score

Cheers,
-Justin

Considering they have 45 current devices and over 100 plans and features to know, it is unreasonable to think they would have expert level knowledge on ever device, much less super root, rom cooking, over clocking geek knowledge. If you are lucky you will find a rep who owns the same model device you do and is a geek.

richjacksonkc

Reaction score

Cheers,
-Justin

Considering they have 45 current devices and over 100 plans and features to know, it is unreasonable to think they would have expert level knowledge on ever device, much less super root, rom cooking, over clocking geek knowledge. If you are lucky you will find a rep who owns the same model device you do and is a geek.

Agreed and understood completely... I don't fault them for not knowing, I'm just surprised by the number who aren't up to speed on the android stuff.. (just the market apps, not even talking root, etc.) after all if I was in a phone store all day (and I know it DOES get slow at times) I'd be playing...

The rep I was talking to was definitely on the verge of becoming an android geek.. he had just bought the X too (not sure if it was his first android device or not).. he showed me a few apps and then I was like... if you like that, you'll love this..

I'm pretty sure he's a full convert at this point...

Rishi P

Reaction score
Can someone explain how exactly we would get this 2.2 update? Would we simply just download it from marketplace?

Also is this update giong to fix the battery issue some of us are having with the phone not going to sleep?

Thanks

I'm trying to gather as much info as I can before I think of possibly getting a new phone

heycow

Reaction score
Can someone explain how exactly we would get this 2.2 update? Would we simply just download it from marketplace?

Also is this update giong to fix the battery issue some of us are having with the phone not going to sleep?

Thanks

I'm trying to gather as much info as I can before I think of possibly getting a new phone

The update will be pushed to your phone automatically. You'll have the option of downloading it, but if you don't accept it it'll just push it on its own.

It is supposed to fix the GPS battery issue, but we'll see. :)

Are you going TO the X? If so, it's perfect now (as perfect as phones get), so don't wait just because of 2.2. 2.1 is amazing and really 2.2 is just frozen yogurt on the cake. :D :D :D

vyse

Reaction score
I believe Matt on the motorola owner's forums said froyo will be released for the Droid X in september. >_>

OP
E

ergon

Reaction score
I just wish someone, anyone, NOT AS A JOKE, could tell me if the 2.2 update will be this month and will it have Flash.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I just wish someone, anyone, NOT AS A JOKE, could tell me if the 2.2 update will be this month and will it have Flash.

No 2.2 update will include flash. All froyo does is mean you are flash capable. You will have to download it from the market once flash is finally released.

$.02, spend it as you please.