Froyo 2.2 FRG01B vs Iphone4 ios4

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by vex321, Aug 2, 2010.

1. vex321

vex321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased a moto droid and my friend purchased an Iphone4 about the same time.

I put my droid running 2.1 against his iphone4 trying to compare the speed of web pages loading.
    As expected, almost every website was loading about 3-4 seconds slower for me.

Last night, I rooted and installed FRG01B and overclocked to 800mhz using setcpu.

I did the same tests loading the same websites and I was actually loading MOST ( not all for some reason ) pages faster by a second or so...

Considering the droid was released almost an year ago, I think I have my hands on one incredible machine here!!

+1 happy customer dancedroid

2. tekthebeast

tekthebeast New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You should overclock it to 1.0 GHZ (= way faster, but nice to know!

3. vex321

vex321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    At this moment, I dont see a reason why I need to go any higher and everything flies right now..plus I read somewhere that 800mhz was the most stable and safe oc speed...who knows when I will get greedy and go even higher lol

4. iPirate

iPirate Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You could just hold your phone and make a call. That is pretty impressive for the iphone 4 users.

Or use pandora, apparently a coworker of mine has a lot of trouble listening to pandora because it keeps disconnecting with her iphone 4. Mean while my Droid plays pandroa clearly for 6 hours a day.