Froyo 2.2 For DROID X

BUDSCARS

Reaction score
In reading various forums, I'm noting some seemingly basic "bugs" with Froyo 2.2 for the DX.

1. Am I required to upgrade to the newest release of the OS
2. Are there any major benefits to such upgrade for a non-power user like myself (primarily phone calls, E-Mail, music)

Thanks in advance from someone new to smart phones.

TheJester34

Reaction score
You're not required to, though I don't know why you wouldn't. What's your reasoning for not wanting to upgrade to 2.2?

OP
B

BUDSCARS

Reaction score
Primary reason for question is posts I've read in various forums relative to :

- problem with inadvertent deletion of photos and other media from SD card. Unlcear if this is a problem only uncovered in Froyo 2.2 or if previously existed in 2.1.

- problem with use of HDMI input to HD TVs. While I am not a major user of this function, seems like a major selling point for DX that I gather was not a problem in 2.1.

Thank you for responses and link to Froyo 2.2 benefits. Much appreciated.

Reaction score

- problem with inadvertent deletion of photos and other media from SD card. Unlcear if this is a problem only uncovered in Froyo 2.2 or if previously existed in 2.1.

- problem with use of HDMI input to HD TVs. While I am not a major user of this function, seems like a major selling point for DX that I gather was not a problem in 2.1.

For your first point... if it is that much an issue for you, remove the SD card before you update. Alternatively, you can always just backup the SD card's contents to your hard drive, a flash drive, etc.

kdw11005

Reaction score
I was worried about the 2.2 update as well but I have not had one problem with it & my phone is faster now :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
B

BUDSCARS

Reaction score
Thanks much for suggestions and information.

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

What's the issue HDMI? Mine works fine. They did change the way you invoke HDMI out. Took me a while to find this after the update, but other than that, it works just as before.