Froyo 2.2 & Exchange?

mrdroid

Reaction score
This is a known issue. I'm currently trying the stock 2.2 release and I can't connect to my exchange server so it wasn't fixed in the official release which is ridiculous.

It works perfect with Sapphire.

Touchdown is useless for me since I use multiple exchange accounts.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bigjherms

Reaction score
Same issue here. Corporate Exchange email worked perfectly before i manually updated to FRG22d. I tried to reinstall the build prior, but its resulting in an Error 2. Installation aborted.

Damn, thats what i get for thinking FRG22d would make the best even better.

badog

Reaction score
We did some testing today on the exchange servers (2010) today. And BTW, Exchange 2003 is not affected by this because it doesn't support non-provisioned phones. (We don't have 2007 so I couldn't test that.)

I made a new policy and put myself in it...

I made sure require password was not enabled. The phone still asks for a 4 digit password.

I changed the server to require a 5 digit password and the phone required a 5 digit password (as expected).

I then disabled the password and required a 5 digit PIN. The phone gave the option of password or PIN (5 digits). (The PIN option only shows the small numeric keypad which was better than the huge one when a password is required)

I changed the PIN to only require 1, then 2, then 3, then 4 digits and the phone required a 4 digit PIN each time.

I put myself back in the default policy that has pretty much everything disabled and I'm back to having to enter in a 4 character password that is a mix of numbers and letters.

On a side note, I installed Touchdown and got it all configured and the password/PIN policy doesn't affect the phone. Doesn't require anything. After uninstalling Touchdown and clearing my Exchange account on the phone and then recreating it, the email program was stuck in a loop and 80% of the time wouldn't open, sometimes it wouldn't ask for a password, other times it would. The only way I could get it back to "normal" was to move myself to a different policy, create my account on the phone, remove the account and then move myself back to the default policy.

Conclusion: FRG22D Exchange integration does not work correctly and needs to be fixed.

mrapollinax

Reaction score
I'm running 2.2D and the Email client is working fine with my company's Exchange Server (2007 I think). After installing 2.2D rebooting the phone brought up the notice that my company has security policies enabled. I accepted that and all is working for me. I'm using SSL in my setup if that makes a difference for you or not.

mrdroid

Reaction score

badog

Reaction score

rkeller62

Reaction score
I believe my company is on exchange 2003, but might be on 2007. My problem is that I can't even add my exchange account on FRF22D. I put in all the information for my account, which always worked fine on previous builds BTW, and the stock email app force closed while message "Checking Incoming Server settings" is on the screen.

Touchdown works fine, but I am not a huge fan of the UI and would prefer my calendar integrated with stock.

I even did a full data reset hoping that would fix it up, but no go.

curley33

Reaction score
Exchange & Droid 2.2

I am having the same issue. I believe that we have Exchange Server 2007 although my IT guys can't change anything on it that has made any difference. I tried deleting the exchange sync and re-setting up and that didn't work. I heard that Verizon & Microsoft were looking for a solution to this, but haven't seen anyone come out with anything yet.

rkeller62

Reaction score
Look for 'Improved Email' in the market. It has fixed this issue for a number of people. It is a free app and is, reportedly, just a modified version of the stock email that fixes the activesync security issues the stock app has.

jglee311

Reaction score
OK, so..............I believe I finally have this figured out. This worked in an Exchange 2007 environment. Go into Outlook Web Access, go to Options, click on Mobile Devices, click on Remove and make sure ALL instances of your Droid are gone. Now go to your device, remove your Exchange account........and re-add it.

For some reason you have to break the trust relationship between the two and start from scratch. This worked for me......good luck!!

EDIT - This also resolves the battery issue (because before, your exchange email was constantly trying to sync while draining the battery).

Last edited:

Bubbaszone

Reaction score
jglee311's solution didn't work for me, still have force close when trying to setup my exchange mail.
Seems something is going through since Web Access does re-add my mobile device, but configuration of the account never completes.

jglee311

Reaction score
jglee311's solution didn't work for me, still have force close when trying to setup my exchange mail.
Seems something is going through since Web Access does re-add my mobile device, but configuration of the account never completes.

The only other change I made on the Echange server was removing the policy for the forced PIN code. That in conjunction with my previous post may have been what did it then.

Sorry Bubba!

manincagejackwilson

Reaction score
I, too, am having the same issue. After receiving the initial Froyo update, Exchange was working perfectly fine on my Motorola A855 (Droid). After receiving the secondary update including Flash download capability, I had issues with the battery having a maximum lifespan of about an hour, with all background applications/services disabled. Due to this, I chose to factory reset my phone. Upon doing so, I am now unable to successfully add the Exchange account to the default e-mail application, as it crashes when receiving incoming server settings.

Following some advice posted above, I logged into the OWA and removed my Droid from the listed mobile devices menu. I then enabled a pattern screen lock, as if I recall, was required upon setting up the Exchange account after the initial Froyo update. However, the e-mail application still is crashing upon setup.

Pretty major issue, if you ask me. Working for a large corporation, I cannot really ask my Exchange server administrator to reset my mobile PIN each time I may choose to factory reset my Droid.

Bubbaszone

Reaction score
manincagejackwilson, I downloaded "Improved Email" from the market and it is working fine. It is a free app that looks 100% like the native app and works identical as far as email, contact and calendar sync.

It did force me to put in a pin number and gave a bunch of warning about IT being able to erase my phone now, but that was expected and should have been the experience with the native app.

Maybe in the next release they will get the native working and I'll switch back, but this is a good alternative.