Froyo 2.2 and Flash 10.1 on Nexus.

OP
armeddroid

armeddroid

Reaction score
Yeah I caught that too. I was hoping they showed more of 2.2 but Flash was the highlight. It looked good but on a Nexus. Hmm

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I caught that too. I was hoping they showed more of 2.2 but Flash was the highlight. It looked good but on a Nexus. Hmm

Flash ran VERY well. If the reason it took a while to finally get it out is they were just optimizing it to run as well as this, then I'm ok with it. :)

OP
armeddroid

armeddroid

Reaction score
Yessir Flash, looked nice. Very glad he went to multiple sites and demo'd a few of the Flash features.

HarshReality

Reaction score
I was noting the speed increase reported..
Code:
[B]Update:[/B] How much faster is a Nexus One running Froyo?  450 percent faster, according to the [I]Android Police[/I]. They claim  to have a device running the as-yet-unreleased firmware that can  perform over 37 million floating-point operations per second in the [URL="http://www.engadget.com/tag/Linpack/"]Linpack[/URL] benchmark...  compared to about 7 megaflops without. Oh yeeaaah.

While I and many others have been waiting for some time for the flash release and also looking forward to Froyo I find myself a bit concerned that all these speed increases and demos are now taking place on a nexus with its boasting 8G of memory and not of the Droid. I certainly hope the Droids can offer a suitable comparison where flash and speed is concerned (even if it takes an over clock to get it)

Pauliewalnutted

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more...

Update: How much faster is a Nexus One running Froyo? 450 percent faster, according to the Android Police. They claim to have a device running the as-yet-unreleased firmware that can perform over 37 million floating-point operations per second in the Linpack benchmark... compared to about 7 megaflops without. Oh yeeaaah.

While I and many others have been waiting for some time for the flash release and also looking forward to Froyo I find myself a bit concerned that all these speed increases and demos are now taking place on a nexus with its boasting 8G of memory and not of the Droid. I certainly hope the Droids can offer a suitable comparison where flash and speed is concerned (even if it takes an over clock to get it)

HarshReality

Reaction score
Doesnt the Droid have 16G?

Yes and no.. by oem the sd is intended to be used as a storage medium not an actively used system resource. While some applications can create a seperate partition such as Apps2SD this is still only used as storage and not an active part of the system for 'computation'. Several ports for the senseui for example utilize a swap partition on the SD to simulate the additional resources of other phones but even then you take a hit for the speed the phone uses to read and write. These limits just can't be 'upgraded' away by getting a higher class sd card.

In the end I am 99% certain the only way to get the most of froyo will have to be a custom rom.

Addie

Reaction score
Yes. Use firefox and get adblock or adblock plus and then get the filterset.g updater. Once you've installed firefox go to Tools->Add-ons and select Get Extensions (at the bottom).

iPirate

Reaction score
Code:
[B]Update:[/B] How much faster is a Nexus One running Froyo?  450 percent faster, according to the [I]Android Police[/I]. They claim  to have a device running the as-yet-unreleased firmware that can  perform over 37 million floating-point operations per second in the [URL="http://www.engadget.com/tag/Linpack/"]Linpack[/URL] benchmark...  compared to about 7 megaflops without. Oh yeeaaah.
8G of what memory? My Droid has 16G of memory.

Nexus user base is tiny, the only group I see pushing the N1 is Google and I can't say they are doing a great job.

Flash also is working on the Droid...

[video=youtube;p8wuJ129d0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8wuJ129d0w[/video]
[video=youtube;ljxToHlRwk4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljxToHlRwk4[/video]

Last edited:

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
8G of what memory? My Droid has 16G of memory.

Nexus user base is tiny, the only group I see pushing the N1 is Google and I can't say they are doing a great job.

I think some are getting the Incredible mixed up with the Nexus One.

Nexus One specs:
Capacity

512 MB Flash
512 MB RAM
4 GB Micro SD Card (Expandable to 32 GB)