Front Facing Camera? worth the Hype?

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
For some reason, I -- like many -- have a requirement that our next Android phone will have a FF camera.

Is it really something I should be holding out on? Or are we still a couple years away before this is actually useful?

Why is the Sprint power Android phones (Epic and EVO) the only two Android phones iwth on, are there any others coming out that we know? I am sticking with Verizon and they do not have any yet.

diverbelow

Reaction score
I know Verizon is coming out with a FF camera on one of their android power smartphones. I think it is called "V". Verizon and Skype teamed up to make that phone.

tehpriest

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy S has one :-D

One serious use is for the deaf. (I joke not) as it allows video calls on which they can sign and lip read.

Reaction score
there's not a single feature I could care about less on my phone than a front facing camera...i laugh at the people "holding out" for one because they saw it in an iphone commercial.

forgot to say that i think its awesome for the deaf...100%.

Last edited:
OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
there's not a single feature I could care about less on my phone than a front facing camera...i laugh at the people "holding out" for one because they saw it in an iphone commercial.

I am starting to agree with you. W/o this, I believe the EVO and Droid X are almost the perfect phones. I think my new requirement may be Stock Android 3.0 on my next phone -- or at least 2.2. STOCK!

IcyStorm

Reaction score
I know Verizon is coming out with a FF camera on one of their android power smartphones. I think it is called "V". Verizon and Skype teamed up to make that phone.
Proof?

Samsung Galaxy S has one :-D

One serious use is for the deaf. (I joke not) as it allows video calls on which they can sign and lip read.

What about the Fascinate? I know the Epic 4G does.

I don't know about European or Asian Galaxy S devices, but the Captivate and Vibrant do not have front-facing cameras. The Fascinate probably won't have one. The Epic 4G has one probably because Sprint wanted one (like the EVO 4G).

superglen99

Reaction score
come on people how can you not mention chatroulette!! hahah I kid. I have no use for one. next phone will be 2ghz processor.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
No need at all for a front facing camera.

Almost no need for the back facing one... except for the dual flash for my flashlight use.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Totally useless. It is a passing want ... First off, you get that new Droid with the FF camera, and all your other friends are on phones that don't have one... Nuff said there ...

Second, the novelty would wear off after the third call, in addition so would your battery.

It is coming? Don' know but definately dont care.

marlopoohbear

Reaction score
I'd like to have a front-facing camera in the future, for video calls. The comment about all of your friends not having FF camera is totally valid, though. I won't want this until my husband has this, and then we can Skype (or Skype-like) to our hearts' content.