Front facing camera and video chat application

bigkhan

Reaction score
As I first posted google talk works great. I drive a truck and am on the road all the time and use it allot. Never have any problem with it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
nateohio

nateohio

Reaction score
As I first posted google talk works great. I drive a truck and am on the road all the time and use it allot. Never have any problem with it.

Thank you for your response, i'm gonna try google talk

don_droid

Reaction score
I used Skype many times and it works well. I found it easy to use and most people has it.

azdrifter

Reaction score
I can't seem to make Google Talk work for Video on my Bionic my friend has a front facing camera and he told me that he used Tango but I had seen the video on the bionic webpage showing how to use Gtalk and i just can't seem to make the video part work the chat works fine but nothing happens when I touch the video camera to start video chatting,If anyone has any ideas what I'm doing wrong please feel free to let me know?
P.S. We both activated the Gtalk and neither of us could make it video chat.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Skype works just fine i use it all the time. Early on builds required settings changes, but the latest version of skype (either one) is 100% compatible with video chat on the bionic

twilightman

Reaction score
There is also, Tango.. I like that alot..

dkend99

Reaction score
I also use Tango. I have really enjoyed it and its really easy to use.

Icculus760

Reaction score
don't be offended, i'm just kind of a wiseass sometimes

Google Talk will work, but the other party must also have video chat capabilities...

Unlike the other video chat options, which definitely will work even if the other party doesn't have video chat capabilities!
icon_ devil.gif
:icon_ owned:

Last edited:

nikecar

Reaction score
Because i only use apps that work reliably 100% of the time, and there are more than a few bionic users out there that skype doesn't work for.

Also, I mentioned the fact that I'm not huge fan of skype on PC's.

And I contribute a hell of alot to these forums and don't spam post. This is a very valid question and seeing as how I have very little experience with video calling, I wanted to get users opinions before I delved into it.

And if google is developing a video chat function to compete with "facetime", I'd much rather support that so they further development on it.

1. You wouldn't be using Skype on your pc, but rather the phone. During the call you just see the person.

2. If someone told you not to go into a building because it was closed and you listened, when it was really open and they were giving all that enter $100, you'd be an idiot.

I've used both and since most people use Skype, its fairly easy to use and more people have an account. I personally like Skype better.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.