From Voyager to Droid

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by aaf709, Nov 18, 2009.

1. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Big change, coming from a dumb phone to a smart phone. Loving it though. :)

My original plan was to get the Storm 2, but then I saw more of the Droid. I pre-ordered on October 31st at a BB and got it Nov 6. The odd thing was when I was in line to get my phone, the person ahead of me told the clerk, "I'm sorry, but I am unwilling to pay for that." Then they left and I got the phone that was set out for the person who left. I don't know what they didn't want to pay for.

It's a sharp learning curve, but it's fun, and I'm anxious to learn from fellow Droid owners.
  2. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Probably someone who didn't want to have to pay for a data plan. But i agree, coming from the voyager myself, much of a difference. I have had the good pleasure of being able to play with most verizon's BB's and smartphones to see which ones to get my co-workers. The only thing that I don't think many phones could do it beat the physical keyboard on the voyager.
  3. bcpark2

bcpark2 New Member

I do agree that the voyager was one of the best keyboard's I've used. However, the droid keyboard is quickly growing on me. The alt key on both sides is a bit more convenient than hitting the symbol key on the voyager. And I actually find the touchscreen keyboard to be relatively good as well, particularly with the predictive text (something I hadn't used/trusted in a while after having the "v" and then the voyager). My first droid was defective with a bad screen that would not display correctly, but since I got my replacement, I'm loving it.
  4. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I was very close to getting a Storm 2, but having access to a physical keyboard did help swing it toward the Droid for me. The Voyager keyboard was the best, I admit, but I'm learning to use the Droid's.
  5. DarkGT

DarkGT New Member

My droid is on the fedex vehicle for delivery! I hope my wife doesn't want to actually talk to me tonight, I am going to be geeking out with my new phone :) I am also coming over from the voyager, I love the voyager, had the original EnV before that so that was a huge step. Really looking forward to the droid though!
  6. ksabz

ksabz New Member

Coming over from the Voyager to the Droid as well and the internet is a million times better.
  7. pope66682

pope66682 New Member

X2 Getting used to the new keyboard as well
  8. Big D

Big D New Member

Came from the Voyager, too.

Totally different animal. I really liked that Voyager but the Droid is an entirely new world of cool.

I really miss that KB though.
  9. kcook323

kcook323 New Member

I had the Voyager too. Just got my Droid yesterday and I LOVE it! I feel like the coolest kid on the block (today). hahahaha