From the Blackberry Patch

FA1SGL

Reaction score
Towards the end of November I convinced my beloved wife to finally upgrade from her rather dated LG Dare.A run down to our local Verizon store later she had a Droid X.

I had (and still have) a Blackberry Storm 2, 9550. As she is not particularly tech savvy, I did the basic set up for her on the Droid X. That was all it took! I wanted one and I wanted it badly. My New every two date was a long long time off. I resigned myself to being jealous of her and her wonderphone.

After she had the Droid X for a week or so she had cause to call 611 on something and the CSR (more later) told her that after she bought hers; the Droid X had gone on a B1G1 promotion and as she was within 30 days of purchase she qualified to receive the second Droid X and asked if we wanted it. D'oh!

I anxiously awaited for FeDex to deliver my Droid and thankfully FeDex was in fact two days ahead of scheduled delivery date!

Although I am 62 years old I am far from a Luddite and have begun tinkering to a limited, as of yet, degree. I never ran a stock OS on my Blackberries and intend to tweak my Droid. I have some studying to do and I will have my Droid the way I want it. That is an ongoing process, of course. I have rooted both phones and will begin playing as my skills develop. I've rooted both and will customize them as I learn

On Verizon: As a former forum administrator on the LG-Dare forum and my work with the Blackberry Community Support Forum, I can give a bit of "dealing with Verizon (any carrier) advice". You can always do better by dealing with your carrier's customer service personnel.

At store level you are trying to get assistance from someone who is essentially a commissioned salesman. Your problem is a distraction! He is not overly technically proficient and will give a shoot off the hip answer so he can get to a buying customer.

Calling customer service is the way to go. Their focus is customer retention! In that regard they have "powers" that store personnel up to and including the manager don't have! By having your facts together and being polite you can generally get whatever you want or need. I've received equipment replacements/upgrades, dollar credits for Verizon content purchase simply by calling Customer Service. It "helps to tactfully stress how long you have been a LOYAL customer...that is their purpose, keeping you loyal.

I plan on being a regular here...

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum and your new addiction! I'm so happy for you and your wife :D

OP
F

FA1SGL

Reaction score
Somewhere along the way I've been on a forum with you in the past. As I generally join the appropriate device forum it could have been one of a number of device forums over the years. Your username is ringing recognition bells.

In any case, I'm happy to be here. Now to remember where..

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums! Have fun, play nice (respect is #1 here), and enjoy your stay!
Enough time here and you'll see that tech savvy reps DO exist but are rare! ;)
@Cakes: I'm about to PM you! :)

DroidForums junkie!!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Welcome to the forum. I have an LG Dare. Never realized there was a forum for those phones. Enjoy the forum. If you have any questions, just ask.