From the beginning....

gunz.jones

Reaction score
I have searched the forums and net to find a few mods that seem interesting. Really only two things that are peaking my interest are sounds at the boot animation and the animation itself. I have a few ideas about how I want my phone, but don't have the knowledge. Any experts willing to answer a few questions?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gunz jones....just go ahead and ask your questions. You'll get a response.

OP
gunz.jones

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Most threads I pull up on putting sound in a boot or creating a boot image seem to refer to the droid 1....I want something like from iron man with jarvis...I like the hud scene and thought that would be a good boot with the hello sir clip...just unsure of what needs to be done directly....the only prebuilt bootanimation I found was for the d1 and how do I enable sounds? What kind of file is played for the animation. Root tools has some built in, but not all work....

event121

Reaction score
The D2 cannot play sounds with the boot animation so far as we have found. You can enable a "notification" sound for sd card events (like plugging in and switching to usb mass storage mode) and that sound will play on boot because your sd card mounts to the phone at the end.

I tried adjusting the file to enable the sounds during the R2D2 boot animation and they never played. Look for the .zip of the R2D2 boot animation and open it to explore what files are there. There was another one floating around that had the Droid(2) eye with more than one "scan" during the animation. Check here and My Droid World for them.

If you mess with this, BACKUP before replacing files.

OP
gunz.jones

gunz.jones

Reaction score
I can't get the animation to run. When I flash as noted, I am still stuck with the big d1 eye from root tools

OP
gunz.jones

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Downloaded root explorer finally. Replaced the boot animation manually. Reading through all the init files and build.prop....does someone have the files from the r2d2 that haven't been messed with?

Edit: Found 2.4.0 untouched and grabbed the files...nothing directly different except for a few bytes on 2 files....build.prop due to a few extra letters....but I moved the bootanimation file from system/bin to my phone...and it worked to get r2's noise at boot under mine. Simple. Now to see if I can put a different file in there with same result.