From support@junefabrics.com in regards PDAnet

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by BigRussDaGOD, Feb 25, 2010.

1. BigRussDaGOD

BigRussDaGOD Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i finally got a response from june fabrics. maker of the app PDAnet in regards to the usage of their software on the moto droid.

Hi

As long as you don't use torrent software it should be fine. Remember even your phone supports youtube streaming which use a lot of data.

Thanks,
    June Fabrics PDA Software Support
    http://www.junefabrics.com

Disclaimer: Our company issues no warranty and accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

I just wanted to post this and hopes this helps anybody.

2. dylanthecat

dylanthecat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am kinda confused by this. What was your question to them?

3. BigRussDaGOD

BigRussDaGOD Member

Ratings:
    +0
    exact question asked
    I have a moto droid. I'm a little worried about using this software because I do not want verizon to charge me for the data usage or better yet turn off my phones. Can you give me a answer on how often I should use this and if I should really use it at all. I have been told by a lot of people use at your own risk, yet I see thousand of people saying they use it all the time. What the real deal?? It does work great though. Good job.

4. dylanthecat

dylanthecat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, now I get it. I am suprised they gave you that response, since tethering does violate Verizon's TOS.

5. Samstag

Samstag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So you got a vague response from someone completely unaffiliated with Verizon along with a disclaimer to the effect that he doesn't guarantee any accuracy in anything he says (unless he says it twice). What value do you see in that response?

6. BigRussDaGOD

BigRussDaGOD Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i see no value. sure are gonna tell you its cool to use it because they want you to buy their product. i just wanted to share this info with other droid users.

7. NCEMS117

NCEMS117 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    June Fabrics, PDA NET

I do not recommend this application. I have had problems with them. They take your money to get you the full version, then all of a sudden, they loose your registered e mail and code to use the full version. Then here comes the fun part. Try to contact them. No phone number and poor support. I am in the process now of taking lagal action against them because they are sending me false codes that dont work, and will not get it straight. So I am contaction Visa tomorrow to get my money back make sure they will not do business in NC.

Hi

As long as you don't use torrent software it should be fine. Remember even your phone supports youtube streaming which use a lot of data.

Thanks,
    June Fabrics PDA Software Support
    http://www.junefabrics.com

Disclaimer: Our company issues no warranty and accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

I just wanted to post this and hopes this helps anybody.

[/QUOTE]

8. jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    [/QUOTE]

I hear ya man, Verizon is fixing to charge me for all the data I have used through PdaNet thus far... I'm not kidding. Although I caught it early so it's only like 2GB, not as bad as it could have been, but I'm gonna do what I can to get my money back, probably have to dispute the charge.

9. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +289
    Well, I'm very interested to hear how you know they caught up with you? You'll be the first person that I've ever seen was busted for it. Please tell more. :pint::popcorn:

10. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,828
    especially since some vzw reps suggested it "off the record"....of course for those who are responsible.

11. Canadroid

Canadroid Member

Ratings:
    +0

12. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +455
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    Explain to me, someone, how you can tether 57GB of XBox 360 crap in one month but a single torrent -- which Verizon has the right and ability to block -- can be bad. Especially since there's a bloody torrent app in the market for downloading torrents on your phone! :)

Please note -- tethering to that extreme a level is just BEGGING to have Verizon lock your account. They can do that too. Remember, "fair use" is in the paperwork you signed.

Search tags for this page
contact june fabrics
contact pdanet
june fabrics contact number

june fabrics phone number

pdanet contact
pdanet contact info

pdanet contact number

pdanet customer service

pdanet customer service phone number

pdanet phone number