1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

From rooted 2.2 to rooted Gingerbread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by SillyWilly22, Dec 4, 2011.

1. SillyWilly22

SillyWilly22 New Member

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps, it is much appreciated!

So I am new to this site (first post!), and I have been playing around with my [once] rooted Droid 2 Global trying to get it to update to gingerbread. My phone was previously rooted with z4root, but I used z4root to unroot it. I tried to manually load the update by going to Settings-->About-->Check for Updates. It then begins to download the package, it gets to 100% (after a long ass time), and then it says Install Now or Install Later, I click Install Now, and then a message pops up saying "The Installation Failed" or something like that.

So I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if you figured out what the problem was. If you could give me a step by step on how to get it to update to gingerbread.

I'm not too smart with all the technical stuff, but I could most likely figure out what your saying with a little description if possible.

Thanks![​IMG]
  2. Brian1

Brian1 New Member

Follow the steps under the Droid 2 Global Hacks called official-2-4-330-d2g-sbf-tbh. That will get you back to a stock clean phone to upgrade. if you need any apps then backup first any data you need to keep.

Brian
  3. ElectroGeek

ElectroGeek New Member

If you just want to root, stop at D3 root. These instructions are from the Cyanogen Mod 7 Gingerbread leaked Kernel for Droid2 Global User's Thread on Rootzwiki. There are a few different roms you can use but this is the one I am most familiar with on the GB update.

Read up and plan for the FUBAR moments. Double and tripple check your instructions before starting. Don't get stuck up a creek without a paddle...
    Make sure to backup before flashing a rom.

sent from

Droid 2 Global running CM7GB
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
Search tags for this page
descargar root gingerbread 2.2.2
fix permissions gingerbread
gingerbread 2.2.2 root
gingerbread root 2.2

how to update rooted droid 2 global to gingerbread

how to upgrade rooted android 2.2

root android 2.2 gingerbread

root gingerbread 2.2