1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

From one theme to another?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by elcompaLalo, Oct 18, 2010.

1. elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo New Member

I am fairly new to the forum, Droid, rooting and all that accompanies it......so please bare with me. I have recently rooted my D2 and installed a theme as well (BGX 2.2). My question to all those pros out there, how do I go about switching from one theme to another? And yes, I have searched and searched and have not come across a straight answer.

Although I love what 928Droid has done with his theme I am very curious to try others too. So if you would point me in the direction of a good How-To or some step-by-step instruction it would be very appreciated. Again, I'm a newb and alot of the lingo here is still very confusing too.

Thanks in advance. Mods, if I'm in the wrong section please forgive me and move please.
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Have you checked out the Droid 2 Section here on the Forum ?

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I suggest the following:
    Hopefully, you made a backup before you installed your current theme.
    If so, restore it.
    Then install a new theme.

Keep the backup that does not have a theme and restore before you switch to another theme.
  4. elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo New Member

I have, that section and many others that go through the search feature.
    I did, bootstrap backup as well as Titanium backup. Do I go into bootstrap recovery and restore?