From Liberty 2.0.1, Stock, Apex, CM7, etc. (ANY ROM) to Liberty GB

excelsisba

Reaction score
I had to sbf my phone today and decided that I would go with a ROM this time. So I got Liberty 0.8 installed and everything seems to be working right so far except for on thing... I can't get my android marked updated. I'm still stuck with the old one, looks like the one that came with froyo. Is this common? Is there a work around to this? I have forced closed the market then installed, wiped cache, data, dalvick. Not sure what else to try except for starting over again. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

draexo

Reaction score
I just finished installing Liberty GB .9 by the following the directions in the first post and everything seems to work but I have no notifcation / status bar on the top of my phone. So in other words I cant see my battery life / time / or any other notifications up there.

Any ideas. Thanks

Not sure what to tell you except try to install it again. There seems to be no more support for Liberty from the devs, it appears to be a dead rom. I ran .9 and had a few issues, but nothing like what you describe.

Bensmcc

Reaction score
Trying to follow the instructions, but I can't seem to find a download for "Liberty GB 0.x" anywhere. I've looked for 0.9 and 0.8, but can't seem to find anything anywhere. Any suggestions as to where I should look? Have all the other files, just not that one.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Trying to follow the instructions, but I can't seem to find a download for "Liberty GB 0.x" anywhere. I've looked for 0.9 and 0.8, but can't seem to find anything anywhere. Any suggestions as to where I should look? Have all the other files, just not that one.

You need to download the Liberty Toolbox from the market. I think it might be called ROM Toolbox now. I have the donate version and LGB v0.9 is in there.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Bensmcc

Reaction score
You need to download the Liberty Toolbox from the market. I think it might be called ROM Toolbox now. I have the donate version and LGB v0.9 is in there.

It keeps downloading, but I can't get it to install for some reason :/

it downloads to the sdcard/liberty/downoads folder right? It never shows up for me to tell it to install, since it doesn't do it on the restart.

Is there anyway to just download the zip and put it on my phone?

cjriddle22

Reaction score
It keeps downloading, but I can't get it to install for some reason :/

it downloads to the sdcard/liberty/downoads folder right? It never shows up for me to tell it to install, since it doesn't do it on the restart.

Is there anyway to just download the zip and put it on my phone?

It should be in the liberty folder. Navigate to that with root explorer, or better yet, your computer, and check the file name. I seem to remember v0.9 not actually being a .zip. If you change the file extension to .zip, it should work. Just install it manually through CWR.

It saves to the sdcard/liberty/nightly folder. Filename: lgbdx09main.zip

Hope this helps.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1. Add dot zip to the file. Then just manually install it in recovery.

CM7GB-D2

jimisbell

Reaction score
already rooted in 605 and DroidX Installed and running

OK,....I have 605, Rooted. I have DroidX Bootstrap running and able to read and install from the SD card.

From the above, can I just start at step#10, download the .zip onto the SD card and install it. Do I really need the LGB Bootstrap?

...BTW, wheres #11?....

immortal_ben

Reaction score
I seem to be getting hung up during the root process. Exploit 1 of 3 happens, then phone reboots into bootloader. The Easy Root Script window reads Rebooting the phone... please wait.

aand then nothing happens.... not on the phone, not in the root window.

Followed all directions correctly, and everything went well up to this point. I even unplugged from the computer, rebooted phone, and began the root process over. Same thing happened.

Any ideas?

earlybill1

Reaction score
I seem to be getting hung up during the root process. Exploit 1 of 3 happens, then phone reboots into bootloader. The Easy Root Script window reads Rebooting the phone... please wait.

aand then nothing happens.... not on the phone, not in the root window.

Followed all directions correctly, and everything went well up to this point. I even unplugged from the computer, rebooted phone, and began the root process over. Same thing happened.

Any ideas?
Ur there man when it goes into bootloader manually turn phone of then unplug turn back on once ur boot screen appears plug back in wait for step 2 of 3 it'll do same as b4 so u repeat also once bootloader appears turn off, unplug turn on ,then plug n when boot logo appears. Then it'll go to step 3 of 3 n ur done it took me no more than 5 mins good luck

jimisbell

Reaction score
What worked for me was when it hangs, open the back and remove and replace the battery. Then when it does it again the second time, remove and replace the battery again. It will automatically restart. I never disconnected the USB cable.

immortal_ben

Reaction score
Ur there man when it goes into bootloader manually turn phone of then unplug turn back on once ur boot screen appears plug back in wait for step 2 of 3 it'll do same as b4 so u repeat also once bootloader appears turn off, unplug turn on ,then plug n when boot logo appears. Then it'll go to step 3 of 3 n ur done it took me no more than 5 mins good luck

Well, that worked. Thanks for the info, man.

Now Im having issues actually getting the ROM to load. I go into toolbox and dl it, but when I go into Bootstrap, the file isnt there. I can find the file in my sd card using Astro, but its not there when im trying to get it in Bootstrap.

I have a feeling I am doing something obviously stupid.

Edit: I am going to try to add the .zip extension from a few posts above. Will post results.

Edit2: Ok, I am all set up. Adding the .zip worked like a charm. Thanks for the help, yall.

Ajmazin

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to run the .SH file for mac to root the droid?