From Liberty 2.0.1, Stock, Apex, CM7, etc. (ANY ROM) to Liberty GB

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by Kasey Krehbiel, Jul 5, 2011.

1. cjriddle22

cjriddle22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am about to install the new .602 update. I will let you guys know if I can get into stock recovery after I SBF.

Edit: Just for fun I tried to enter stock recovery before starting the process. It worked just as it should (see post above for instructions).

2. ldopa

ldopa Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I've never heard of anyone not being able to get into stock recovery. Hope you get it sorted!

CM74D2 (v6 supercharged)

3. Kasey Krehbiel

Ratings:
    +1
    No. I still can't get into stock recovery. But I don't need it because as long as my phone does what it's supposed to, I can get into CWM. No idea why I can't get into stock recovery but it does exactly the same thing yours does. If I hold down the home key while it's booting it just reboots over and over again. I also get a slight vibration when it shuts off, a delay of a few seconds, and it comes back on. I checked to make sure I could get into stock recovery on FroYo, and I still could, but when I installed .602 I couldn't anymore. No idea. If anyone comes up with a solution to this problem please let us know soonest. :)

More detail on what I did... my phone was boot looping because I didn't wipe data/factory reset after I installed .602. I went through the process of SBF to FroYo, wipe data, root, bootstrap, install .602 and install Liberty, then at the end I didn't wipe data/factory reset again. That's why I was trying to get into stock recovery, but I never got there. So I decided to SBF back to FroYo, where it then would let me wipe data and go through the same process, this time NOT forgetting to wipe data/factory reset before I left CWM. An annoying way to fix such a small problem, but after trying a bunch of different key combos, I couldn't think of anything else.

4. cjriddle22

cjriddle22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update

I went through the whole process last night. I am now running the stock .602 rooted. I have not installed LGB (v0.9) over the top just yet. Still hoping LGB is updated in the next few days to use the new .602 as it's base. It just occured to me I have never acutally ran the stock GB build. I was on LGB before it was released and have been since GB was officially released for the DX. I guess I'm going to give it a few days and see what's up.

I was able to get into stock recovery while on Froyo and GB. I rebooted and entered stock recovery just before posting this to make sure I could still get there after updating to .602. Everything works as it is supposed to.

5. daddyd08

daddyd08 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just double checking here. I got my DX in Nov 10 and it is still stock. I just loaded update today. I have 2.3.3 and base 13p. I have never rooted this phone. The instructions on post #1 will root me?

I have been wanting to root for a while but just haven't. I have to admit I don't know a lot about this except what I have read on forums. I am an application developer and feel comfortable enough to do though. Thanks for the time and help.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

6. Kasey Krehbiel

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, the instructions posted will get you rooted. If you want to stick with stock GB (although I highly recommend Liberty GB) you can skip the LGB 0.x install at the end. Otherwise the post is everything you need to get you to a .602 build with or without Liberty GB on top. :)

7. Unclecheese

Unclecheese Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Correct me if I am wrong.
    Doesn't RSD Lite use the phones Stock Recovery while SBF'ing?
    I thought I read somewhere that RSD Lite will use the phones Stock Recovery during SBF process.
    Can a phone even loose Stock Recovery? Seems odd to me.

Kasey, I know you had the same issue as I do. Did you have any issues with SBF'ing to 2.3.340 using RSD Lite even though you couldn't get into Stock Recovery prior to SBF'ing?
    Were you able to get into Stock Recovery after getting back on 2.3.340?
    I am concerned with step #2 under --- Either method --- in your OP.

Thanks for your help and patience.

8. ldopa

ldopa Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Rsd lite uses the phones bootloader to flash the sbf file. If you can access the bootloader(as long as it's not corrupt), you can sbf.
    Once you sbf to froyo, you should have no problem getting into stock recovery (power and home on froyo).

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

9. Unclecheese

Unclecheese Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for clearing that up lpoda. I can get to the Boot Loader, just not Stock Recovery.

10. ldopa

ldopa Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Happy to help.

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

11. Kasey Krehbiel

Ratings:
    +1
    No, I haven't been able to get back to stock recovery, but since I don't need to do a data wipe anymore, it doesn't matter. I was* able to get into stock recovery after I SBF'd back to .340, but once on .602 I can't get into recovery.

12. megawatz

megawatz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is why I love people like you guys who create instructions for people like me (I'm advanced but not expert), so I can have root back. Thank god for you all.

Currently uploading Part I of II. I'm now a happy camper, and this has made my day better. :)

Search tags for this page
cm7 liberty apk
how to install apex rom

lgbootstrap.apk

liberty apk