From Liberty 2.0.1, Stock, Apex, CM7, etc. (ANY ROM) to Liberty GB

drivinfocused

Reaction score
I am currently on Darkslide v4.2. i def want liberty i have ran it before but just not the GB version. so question is if i'm reading this right that we can easily go from Froyo (DS v4.2) to GB liberty with the use of z4root by rooting phone then installing these applications? so if i wipe data and cache (several times just to make sure) by using this:

--- Either method ---
1. Disconnect your phone from the cable, then pull the battery.
2. Reinsert the battery, then hold down Home + Power until the Android with the triangle and exclamation mark come up
3. Press the Search button, then, using the vol. up/dn buttons (up/down) and camera button (select) do a wipe data/factory reset, then reboot.
4. Don't activate your phone. Press the 4 corners of the screen from the top left clockwise (the bottom "corners" ABOVE the on-screen buttons) to skip activation. (NOTE: I've found that putting the phone in airplane mode by long-pressing the power button just after skipping the activation will get you through the backup screen hoopla much more quickly than waiting for it to fail.)
5. Enable unknown sources in Settings->Applications and USB Debugging in Settings->Applications->Development
6. Install and run z4 Root. Select Permanent Root. This should reboot your phone. If it doesn't, see #5.
7. Install and run LGB Bootstrap, then Bootstrap Recovery, then Reboot Recovery. Phone should reboot into clockwork mod.
8. Install Part 1 of TBH's rooted GB, then Part 2, then LGB 0.x, all without rebooting.
9. Wipe data/factory reset.
10. Reboot and enjoy Liberty GB!

any and all help would be appreciated.... thanks in advance!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You still need to sbf or the GB files wont install.

Or, you can buy the TBH app and use the all in one zip file. You don't have to sbf with that. Just make sure you format system and mount it before you flash. That's under mounts and storage in Clockwork Recovery

random rom'd X

drivinfocused

Reaction score
so one thing that i have a question on is do we need the Droid 2 bootstrapper..... or will the Droid x bootstrapper work? i don't see it in the OP as something needed....

EDIT: i do have the DX strapper will that still work for booting into recovery as with froyo?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd just use d2 bootstrap to keep it simple. Do you have it? If not, check your pm box now.

CM74D2-GB

drivinfocused

Reaction score
well okay i did the OP instructions followed through exactly got everything done right.. everything started to load as normal after activation and everything.. then i started to change some settings with the tool box... i rebooted like we should and then came to a black screen the whole time only buttons that worked were HOLDING home key that brings up recent things and power... wiped data and cahce a few times but never got to work. i just rewiped data and cache and then reinstalled the v.8 and now its actually working for me. i will update with my stuff as i have t obe at work in less than 5 hours...

HoppingZombie

Reaction score
so when im in LGB ClockworkMod Recovery Should i flash both 0.509 and 0.602 or will flashing just 0.602 suffice?

earlybill1

Reaction score
Im on liberty v.09 does it have themes n goodies n recovery mode under mounts n storage also can I flash new 2.0.1 over my rom that I have now I was rooted 602 gb but now it says 596 is that rite

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im on liberty v.09 does it have themes n goodies n recovery mode under mounts n storage also can I flash new 2.0.1 over my rom that I have now I was rooted 602 gb but now it says 596 is that rite

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

No no no. You have to dl themes from their respective threads (on these forums). 2.0.1 is froyo. You would be going backwards if you tried to flash it over gb. Bad idea.

CM7GB-602

bengalvfan

Reaction score
I just finished installing Liberty GB .9 by the following the directions in the first post and everything seems to work but I have no notifcation / status bar on the top of my phone. So in other words I cant see my battery life / time / or any other notifications up there.

Any ideas. Thanks