From Liberty 1.5 to Gingerbread root...not wanted to apply the ROM...now stuck

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by cincinnaticj7, Jun 1, 2011.

1. cincinnaticj7

cincinnaticj7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I had Liberty 1.5 on my Droidx. I went Z4 root, went to file manager to see if gingerbread (rooted version) was downloaded onto the SD card. Before I could even start cussing up a storm..which I still. My phone started re-caching and installing gingerbread.

My Droid X has now been stuck on the boot screen of the flamming android from liberty. I have downloaded all of the tools from the site to re flash the phone, but if the Droid X doesn't go past the boot screen. I am guessing that I out of luck and I am the proud owner a brick??? Anyone thoughts/ideas???

Thanks,

2. CD95YJ

CD95YJ Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If your talking about having to sbf back to stock froyo boot into the bootloader (either power button and both volume buttons for gingerbread or power button, camera, and home button for froyo) and flash away.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

3. cincinnaticj7

cincinnaticj7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I should be more specific, it is that the Droid x is stuck on the boot image prior to the boot animation loading screen. I have tried both combinations of button patterns and still got skunked.

4. CD95YJ

CD95YJ Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ok, do a battery pull and let your phone sit for 30sec. - 1 minute. put the battery back in and try both of these:

Power + camera + home button: what happens?

if your phone still thinks its on froyo you should get a little almost white flash then a black screen. Once you let off of the buttons whalla... bootloader ***If this happens load up RSD lite and flash the 2.3.340 SBF and recover your phone***

if your phone thinks its on GB it will take you to the droid with the triangle and ! screen. *** If this happens do a battery pull again and move on to the next button combo below****

Power + BOTH volume buttons: what happens?

for froyo I don't think anything other than a normal boot up happens, which means you will be stuck in bootloop again.

for gingerbread you get the flash of white then black scren and when you let up on the buttons... whalla bootloader. *** If this happens load up RSD lite and recover your phone***

5. cincinnaticj7

cincinnaticj7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was finally able to get the home+power+volume to make a android come up with a white triangle in it with it explanation point inside.

6. cincinnaticj7

cincinnaticj7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For the android system recovery, it has reboot system, apply sd card update.zip, wipe date/factory reset, wipe cache partition, and near the bottom it says E:/ Can't open/cache/recovery/command

7. CD95YJ

CD95YJ Member

Ratings:
    +1

That is the stock recovery menu, you cannot flash the SBF from that. Based on your info your phone thinks it on GB, do a battery pull again. After putting the battery back in you will want to press and hold both volume buttons while pressing the power button. One you see the screen flicker let off the buttons, that will get you to the bootloader screen. You will know your on the bootlaoder because it will say "Bootloader" and should be version 30.04. From here you will use RSD lite to flash the 2.3.340 sbf file and recover your phone. ***make sure on the booloader scrren it tells you you are OK to flash, if it doesn't say that your battery is below 50% and it will not let you flash the SBF file until your battery is charged over 50%. The done side is your phone will not charge while on the bootloader screen so pull the battery immediately. If you have an external battery charger use it, if not hopefully someone you know owns an X and they can charge your battery in their phone for you.

8. cincinnaticj7

cincinnaticj7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Started bootloader 30.04 Screens says battery ok, OK to program, Transfer mode USB. Unfortunately, I can not get RSD to do or even windows to detect the phone under USB.

9. CD95YJ

CD95YJ Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry for the delay between posts, I work nights and have been asleep.

Do you gave the latest Motorola drivers loaded on your computer? If not your computer wont recognize the phone.

Do a google search for "Motorola Droid X drivers" and click the link that takes you to their support page. Download the drivers and try again. Im confident it will work for ya.

10. cincinnaticj7

cincinnaticj7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I had got the USB connection to read the phone under RSD 4.6 but it went through an executing process and failed. I have tried many other times, taken the battery out...and let it sit, restarted the PC, switched USB ports, uninstalled/reinstalled RSD, and now it won't even pick up the connection of the phone.

This is turning out to be an odd duck...

11. CD95YJ

CD95YJ Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Did you download the latest moto Droid x drivers like I said to?

12. cincinnaticj7

cincinnaticj7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeap, I have downloaded all of the updated drivers. I have even tried using RSD 4.9 and still nothing.

13. CD95YJ

CD95YJ Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Are you running a 64bit os on your comp? Try putting rsdlite in compatibility mode for XP service pack 3.

14. cincinnaticj7

cincinnaticj7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No I am actually running xp sp3. I have tried running on always running on admin and I still get nothing. It is also in 32 bit.

15. CD95YJ

CD95YJ Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Huh, most people report the most success running XP. There are 2 other options to sbf your phone back to stock, both of which I haven't tried.

1 is an sbf that runs through the advanced shell. I believe its called sbfpotable.

The other is a CD rom version. You download it then boot your comp up using the CD, then just follow the prompts. I have heard good reviews on this method.

Unfortunately I don't know where to get either file/program. Either do a search for recovery CD here or on mydroidworld.com and I'm sure you'll find it.