From iPhone to Samsung S5. Help.

Scrambles

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I've been an iPhone user since 2009.

This week it was time to upgrade my phone and rather than get the iPhone 5S, I just fancied a bit of a change so decided to go for the Samsung 5S. Great reviews, and I just thought that since I'd been with the iPhone for the last 5 years, I had no idea what I could be missing out on. It was a big decision. It was scary. And two days in, I'm kind of regretting it.

The phone is generally good. There's a lot of things about it that I like as much as the iPhone. A lot of the apps are similar.

My biggest problem, and it's been frustrating the hell out of me, is the lack of push notifications.

My phone buzzes, I click the on button, and I have no idea what for. Is it a WhatsApp message? A goal update? An email? A breaking news story from my Sky News App?

I have to swipe my pattern, then swipe down from the menu screen just to see what it is? Surely there's an easier way of doing this?

On the iPhone I could press the on button, see I have a WhatsApp from Dave with the first line of the content, also a notification from LiveScore Addicts that Everton are beating Man United and who scored. It would take me two seconds to digest that and I'd just put it back in my pocket.

I've searched for a solution. Apparently a nifty little feature that they have taken away from the S5 (was available on S4) is lock screen widgets, and there were push notification lock screen widgets available previously.

I do want to give this phone a proper go, but I can't stand not having this fundamental feature.

Is there a solution?

Tankwylde

Reaction score
It could be a setting in all of your apps. Check your messaging apps settings and see if there is an option to turn notifications on. Also try changing your lockscreen to swipe instead of the pin, pattern, so on. Usually when you make the lock screen more secure it won't show your messages to protect your privacy

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Are you using the stock email app?