From Droid to Droid X and back to Droid

chameleocat

Reaction score
yep im taking the dive back to the droid its unbeatable the x is amazing but without being able to fiddle with its insides im bored already so goodbye x hello Droid!!dancedroid

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think he meant flashing ROMs/easily edit framework

OP
C

chameleocat

Reaction score
yes indeed

I do mean flashing roms thats what the main objective is for rooting root is only good for removing apps

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
yep im taking the dive back to the droid its unbeatable the x is amazing but without being able to fiddle with its insides im bored already so goodbye x hello Droid!!dancedroid

No worries, Not everyone can handle the Power of X dancedroid

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dont take it back, send it to me, I need one for experiments in flashing ...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well it just got rooted.. they're making roms for it now.. but if you wanna switch back, you go right ahead.

They are NOT making ROMs for it now.

That's not going to happen until the bootloader is cracked (much different than root) - but for many technical reasons, the chances of that happenening are relatively low.

If the OP is a tinkerer, he/she probably made the right decision, the DROID is going to get to a point where it's very hard to find, and since it's out of production and somewhat "collectable", prices on eBay will probably end up skyrocketing.

dragozoid

Reaction score
I actually got tired of flashing ROMs on my Droid. You flash one then you find yourself waiting for a better build and it becomes a never ending anxiety for new ROMs. And none of them are/were even as stable as my DX is at stock. Hell, I don't even care about rooting my DX because it's so fast already out of the box.

soba1

Reaction score
Don't beat him up I understand :)
Im sticking with my X.