From Digital camera directly to Droid?

truckrod

Reaction score
well here is a sugs if you use rom manager to partition your sdcard the phone then acts like a usb strg dev once i done this the pc did not pick it up as a a855 droid anymore it picks it up as a usb so that bean said i am pritty sure it will work you will just have to get a double female addapture for the cords

truckrod

Reaction score
but first you must pull all your files off put them on your pc then go to rom mang n partn your card after that is done go back to the pc n put all your files back on if you dont do this it will wipe all your files as it partn your card

jgumphress

Reaction score
Interesting solution! I will look into that. Thanks!
Looks like this might not work. But I am pursuing through tech support at eye-fi.

There's an Eye-Fi server for android in the market.
Check out
Eye-Fi Droid - Android server for Eye-Fi SD cards
There is and Eye-Fi app on the Market by Leshak. It is free. I looked into this very closely and found out that you must buy the Eye-Fi Pro card for it to work. The Pro version is very pricy though. I couldn't justify the cost. But it depends of each one's particular needs. I don't take that many pictures.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
And would the camera recognize the sd card in phone? Or conversely, would a file manager on the phone "see" the card in the camera?
I doubt it. IIRC, the Droid isn't designed to use the USB port for accessories. I doubt your camera is designed to use external storage via its port but you should be able to confirm that with its documentation.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I just found this thread in this forum where someone from eye-fi helped someone here use his droid as a hotspot to send pics from his digital camera straight to his computer or a photo sharing site.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/36804-tether-droid-eye-fi-card.html
Not bad - but I'm not rooted so can't formulate a hotspot on my Droid. But I have sent an inquiry to eye-fi tech support and will report back any info.

I have been transferring Pictures from my digital camera to to my computer at my office using the droid internet connection for weeks now and it works flawlwessly and very quickly.

Zif helped me in answering some of the questions as to why the standard Eye-Fi cards would not work.I really did not want to be buying a Eye-FI Pro card when I own 2 of the standard cards already if it was not going to be any different in getting the connection to work.

The tethering applications for the android phones are not true hot spots they are Ad Hoc connections.
So you need to have the eye-Fi pro card - to set up the Ad Hoc connection from the Eye-Fi card to the phone.

Barnacle wifi does not require rooting but it would not work when I tested it.
That is why you need to root the phone so you can get the wireless tether for root users on the phone.

Rooting is really not that difficult and you can root and then install the 2.1 stock that Pete from BB put out and still have all the phone appear and work like stock but be able to tether it through WIFI.

This is the main reason I rooted to get the capability to use the phone to transfer pics from my digital camera with the Droid over the internet to my office PC.

I also never liked not being able to do what I want with my phone either.

If you want help with this connection just ask and will fill in the blanks for you as best I can.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I just found this thread in this forum where someone from eye-fi helped someone here use his droid as a hotspot to send pics from his digital camera straight to his computer or a photo sharing site.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/36804-tether-droid-eye-fi-card.html
Not bad - but I'm not rooted so can't formulate a hotspot on my Droid. But I have sent an inquiry to eye-fi tech support and will report back any info.

Looks like this might not work. But I am pursuing through tech support at eye-fi.

There's an Eye-Fi server for android in the market.
Check out
Eye-Fi Droid - Android server for Eye-Fi SD cards
There is and Eye-Fi app on the Market by Leshak. It is free. I looked into this very closely and found out that you must buy the Eye-Fi Pro card for it to work. The Pro version is very pricy though. I couldn't justify the cost. But it depends of each one's particular needs. I don't take that many pictures.

I talked with Leshak a few times about this before I figured it out but he could not tell me anything to get it to work, or it was not in his best interest in selling his app.
Leshak's app just gets the pictures off your camera to the Droid with an Eye-Fi card but does nothing to get them from the droid automaticly anywhere else like the Eye-Fi card is designed to do.
Quote from his site "It allows you to send photos via the built-programs (email, messaging, picasa, etc.). Resize and rotate pictures (using the exif orientation) before sending"

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
You could always take the camera's memory card to wal mart, have them put it on a CD, and give the CD to someone and have them email the pictures to you. I really dont see any way of doing this without using a computer, or the eye-fi cards.