from CM back to Liberty

OP
G

Glever

Reaction score
think i could just try the .95 kernel update?

jcutter347

Reaction score
Idk. I guess worse case scenario is SBF. A lot of work though for a shot in the dark.

falseprofits

Reaction score
Probably a pain in the :censored: but I think you'll have to SBF again.

I would do it in this order.

1. SBF to 340 using RDS Lite.
2. Root using Gingerbreak or Z4Root
3. Bootstrap.
4. Flash 2 part .zips from here: Officail OTA 2.3.3 (4.5.596) upgrade from froyo or GB .588/.591/.595 | DroidModderX
5. Wipe data and cache. Reboot.
6. Download Liberty Toolbox / Liberty Gingerbread .8
7. Reboot to recovery.
8. Wipe data / cache / dalvik
9. Flash Liberty Gingerbead v.8
10. Reboot - yay.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Disappointed in CM7? LOL!

I'm disappointed in how fast it drains my battery and I have the extended battery. With liberty I could use it heavily from 10 in the morning till 10 or 11 at night and have about 50-30% left. When I do that with cm my battery last till 6 and it's at 10% and yes I did recalibrate it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

coltzfan

Reaction score

I'm disappointed in how fast it drains my battery and I have the extended battery. With liberty I could use it heavily from 10 in the morning till 10 or 11 at night and have about 50-30% left. When I do that with cm my battery last till 6 and it's at 10% and yes I did recalibrate it

Same here Bud. I had CM on Droid 1 and was enjoying it. So I am SBFing and coming back to Liberty. I noticed last night that CM had cell standby at 50% and then when I came back to liberty it was 3%...YAY!!!!

OP
G

Glever

Reaction score
Probably a pain in the :censored: but I think you'll have to SBF again.

I would do it in this order.

1. SBF to 340 using RDS Lite.
2. Root using Gingerbreak or Z4Root
3. Bootstrap.
4. Flash 2 part .zips from here: Officail OTA 2.3.3 (4.5.596) upgrade from froyo or GB .588/.591/.595 | DroidModderX
5. Wipe data and cache. Reboot.
6. Download Liberty Toolbox / Liberty Gingerbread .8
7. Reboot to recovery.
8. Wipe data / cache / dalvik
9. Flash Liberty Gingerbead v.8
10. Reboot - yay.
Yup that's what i did and i'm all working again, but instead of flashing .7 i flashed .6 before i went to .8

jcutter347

Reaction score
Ran from 7:30 a.m all day, all night, next morning( today) I still have 30%. I guess I just got it like that. Only thing that doesn't work is the camcorder. Also, I had the same data problem with Liberty. Nothing I did fixed it. As soon as I switched ROMs, problem was gone. I used liberty solely before GB. I loved all the options and functionality. After final is released I will definitely go back to see how it is.

Last edited:

prince1071

Reaction score
I flashed back as well....but I noticed that a lot of my apps are not installed in my phone....like the navigation app along with plenty more that I had backed up with titanium...matter of fact, titanium isnt even installed! What the hell did I miss?

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I flashed back as well....but I noticed that a lot of my apps are not installed in my phone....like the navigation app along with plenty more that I had backed up with titanium...matter of fact, titanium isnt even installed! What the hell did I miss?

You have to go to the market to install titanium then restore everything you backed up. You should always wipe data/cache between rom installs (which will wipe out downloaded apps)

prince1071

Reaction score
I did do a wipe before flashing. I never remember having to download Titanium manually before when flashing other roms....BUT I did that as well...but after installing Titanium, it didnt restore my apps...AND I'm missing major apps like Navigation, Maps, Files....what the hell do I do about that?!

Reaction score
I did do a wipe before flashing. I never remember having to download Titanium manually before when flashing other roms....BUT I did that as well...but after installing Titanium, it didnt restore my apps...AND I'm missing major apps like Navigation, Maps, Files....what the hell do I do about that?!

I would consider whether you're missing some other stuff you don't know about yet. Personally, I'd SBF.

But if you don't want to do that, you can download all of that from the market or flash a gapps zip. Maps from the market includes Places, Navigation, Latitude and some others.

prince1071

Reaction score
yeah, I just SBF'd again to get it all back to normal...I've SBF'd so much I dont even know why I was hesitating to do it again... for some reason the sbf process just didnt install everything the last time....but I'm good to go now.

mtbhk44

Reaction score

I can understand where he/she is coming from. I just SBF'd back to Froyo and am coming back to Liberty for the time being. The CM builds are currently in Beta form and have tons of bugs - well, not tons, but there are bugs. The camcorder doesn't work, there are patches for the camera, etc - no blur apps we've all gotten used to (personally I really like the camera and the gallery) but for me, the worst was not having email pushed to my phone. I've been on .8 all day and it's a little buggy with LP and not having email come into my phone was a deal breaker for me. When it's all said and done, it's going to be a great ROM and so easily customizable, but for now, I'm back to Liberty.

robt7970

Reaction score
The nightlies fixed most of the bugs... only bug that is major is mms. I'm running cm now with no problem. I started out with liberty and even still use the parts. I'd say go back to it tonight and try the nites.