1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

From C_01.3E.03P BB v1.1 to the new Froyo .4 based ROM?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by drek, Jul 9, 2010.

1. drek

drek New Member

I'm running C_01.3E.03P BB v1.1 and would like to upgrade to the new .4 Froyo 2.2 version. Is there anything special I need to do first or is it just download and rename it then push to the phone and load in SP Recovery?
  2. myDownfall

myDownfall New Member

Nothing special needs to be done. I'd recommend making a backup before making the switch, but that's a given and always good practice.

Wipe
    Install v0.4 via update.zip
    install kernel(if you so choose) via update.zip
    install theme(if you so choose) via update.zip
    install new baseband as update.zip

Once you install the baseband, you will have to dial *228 and press '1'. That's all that i did when making the jump.
  3. drek

drek New Member

That's what I ended up doing. I haven't loaded a custom kernel or theme yet though. But yesterday on the old BB v1.1 I ran Quadrant and got a score of 395. Today after jumping to v0.4 I scored a 1062. Off to try smoked glass for 0.4 and what ever else.

Thanks for the reply!
  4. myDownfall

myDownfall New Member

That's quite the jump. lol And no problem. dancedroid

I would recommend trying P3's kernels or Chevy1's. Just preference, obviously.
  5. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

And you don't always need LV or uLV kernels... sometimes you get better performance from SV or MV kernels. I'm running Chevy' MV 1.0GHz kernel and my Droid runs from 25c to rarely over 40c at full load use..... I do get ever so slightly less battery life but not so that my Droid doesn't make it thru the day on one charge... usually end up with 20%-30% after heavy usages of browser and GPS besides other normal use in a day.
Search tags for this page
01.3e.88r a855
droid a855 baseband 01.3e.88r

droid baseband c.01.3e.88r