From Bionic to a Razr - Need car dock

StevenC150

Reaction score
I realize Motorola accessories aren't always the best...or cheapest choices. So any advice on the better car dock choices out there. Do most my shopping on Amazon where they have the Motorola one, just didn't know if it was the preferred choice for Razr owners.

m3incorp

Reaction score
I think that currently Motorola is your only choice.

I realize Motorola accessories aren't always the best...or cheapest choices. So any advice on the better car dock choices out there. Do most my shopping on Amazon where they have the Motorola one, just didn't know if it was the preferred choice for Razr owners.

Last edited:
OP
StevenC150

StevenC150

Reaction score
Seems like I've seen some universals that might work but didn't want to be the guinnea pig without checking on here first. You're probably right and I'll end up ponying up the $50 for the Motorola one. Anyone have opinions on it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jst4fun

Reaction score
Its pretty good. I bought 3. One for each vehicle.
Also the original car dock app really sucks so try this one and see if you like it.
Car Dock Home v3. Much more user friendly.

jrpbulk

Reaction score
I have the Moto VZ stock car doc. Overall it is fine with one minor issue for me: It is very easy to pull it off and put on the "ball" stand but that ease means when I hit bumps it does not stay in position and I have to readjust it. There is always something right?

OP
StevenC150

StevenC150

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks guys. That's the feedback I was looking for. Guess that's the route I'll have to take.

jdroid80

Reaction score
Happy With It

I have Moto VZW car dock for Razr and works fine, much better than my OG car dock which suction cup failed daily. Mine was $39 @ store without charger. But I bundled it with silicone case and screen protectors for an extra $10.

Becareful with dock's charger though; you must pull out charger before removing or putting in phone. I wasn't use to built-in charger and loosened conections, so it wouldn't charger anymore.

OP
StevenC150

StevenC150

Reaction score
After checking out Amazon may give one of those generics a shot. I'll post up after I try it out. Thanks guys.

swallman

Reaction score
After checking out Amazon may give one of those generics a shot. I'll post up after I try it out. Thanks guys.

Just an FYI that I forgot to mention. The phone won't automatically go into "dock" mode when using a generic mount. There are apps out there that can do that for you though (you manually need to do it).

OP
StevenC150

StevenC150

Reaction score
Hadn't thought about that but it shouldn't be a problem with Smart Actions. Right now as soon as I plug something in the audio jack, Pandora starts and it changes screen settings. Or is car dock something different?

tc1

Reaction score
Its pretty good. I bought 3. One for each vehicle.
Also the original car dock app really sucks so try this one and see if you like it.
Car Dock Home v3. Much more user friendly.

Thank you.... Card dock v3 is leaps and bounds better than the standard dock software.

tc1

Reaction score
I have the Moto VZ stock car doc. Overall it is fine with one minor issue for me: It is very easy to pull it off and put on the "ball" stand but that ease means when I hit bumps it does not stay in position and I have to readjust it. There is always something right?

If you're talking about the dock for the razr then there should have been a wing Nut type of bolt that tightens the mount to the ball socket.

WestOkid

Reaction score
Not sure if any of the posters have the actual Moto car dock, but it is almost the greatest thing since slice bread. Moto actually hit a home run on the dock. I had a generic dock and used to use Vlingo car dock app. That setup is a joke compared to the Moto dock and built in software. Everyone who get's in the car is impressed. they can't believe it's my phone. And you cannot launch the dock software via smart actions. It is triggered by something in the dock itself (magnet or something). This software is very intuitive and stable. The dock itself is great because it is built specifically for the Razr, so everything looks clean. No fumbling with the power and headphone cord. They are integrated into one wire with a 3.5mm jack at the lighter, so cars that have an mp3 input (mine does) can plug for an integrated experience.

OP
StevenC150

StevenC150

Reaction score
The pic they had on Amazon didn't show the headphone jack as being part of the hook up. No matter, I have to say it does look great more so than the universals I was looking at - and the jacks being integrated as part of the mount is a huge plus. If no one knows of a better price than Verizon's $40 ($50 on Amazon), I've made up my mind to go with Motorola mount. Thanks to everyone for sharing the wealth.