1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

From BB0.4 to SS4.6, lower quadrant scores?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ka1z0ku, Aug 16, 2010.

1. ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku Member

Hey all, I just made the switch from BB0.4 to SS4.6 because I heard FRG01B was supposed to be smoother/speedier than previous Froyo builds, however after installing and OC'ing to 1Ghz (which is the same speed I ran in BB) my quadrant score has gone down from the mid 1500's to 1300-1350. What gives? Any tips/tricks to optimize my score?
  2. joshk

joshk New Member

Ive hit 1678 with S.S. and 1.25 uLV kernel.... Ive only ever had one other ROM on my phone and it wasnt for long. I love Chevy's work and the support, no need to look anywhere else. My phone does everything I need and more.... How do you like the feel of Chevy's work?? Does the phone do what you want and need it to do?? I still dont understand why so many people compare ROMs using Quadrant scores. If there was no such thing as quadrant how would you choose your ROM?? I would think that the look, feel, and ease of use would be a good place to start. Hope this doesnt offend you but try comparing things with personal use not a program that throws a number at you, which I must also add changes all the time. Run it back to back and see what I mean.

JOSH
  3. heleos

heleos New Member

Never trust benchmarks..
  4. meishkov

meishkov New Member

Amen brother, Amen. I could only get the 1.1 LV kernel to work on my phone without restarting...had to set the minimum to 800mhz for that to happen though. It does everything I need it to. Benchmarks couldn't mean less to me at this point. ONLY problem I have is the browser refreshing every time I hit Home and select an e-mail or message from the pulldown, then go back to the browser. It refreshes, but it's not a true refresh...it just refreshes the saved page or something, as there's no new content. And that's a 2.2 thing from what I've heard, and not a SS thing.
  5. ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku Member

Well even if quadrant scores weren't a good comparison, I am not really enjoying the feel of ss4.6 either. Its choppy in the most mundane tasks like loading the home screen, pulling down the notification bar, and showing text as I type. And my battery life is horrid now. Definitely not putting up with this much longer.
  6. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

You should see improvement in all of these areas with 4.7 - that is if you can stand to wait
  7. ddyoo

ddyoo New Member

I've been using Chevy's SS4.6 for a couple of days now and I love it. Chevy's rom has been running smooth and I have found no major problems with it. I am also using his kernel and my phone is running smooth as ever. My quadrant score is in the 1400's using Chevy 1.2ghz ulowv and my phone has not had any problems. 1400's is fast enough for me. I don't know why people care so much about quadrant scores and running their phone at 1600 or 1700. As long as it runs smooths and does not crash on me, I am content with the rom. Plus, his blue theme stock on the ss4.6 is pretty nice :biggrin:
  8. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS New Member Developer

quadrant scores dont mean anything from rom to rom. its about the kernel, speep of the kernel, and your phone.
  9. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

OMG... Chevy, teasing.. again..

Did you try to reinstall the rom? Wipe more than once? Try different kernels? Something cant be right. My personal experience I flashed BB .4 as my first rom and after going through almost all of the roms in RM I stuck with SS, starting with 4.5. But that is my opinion, every DROID is different. I hope you at least try out 4.7 when Chevy decides to be nice =P
  10. CypherAZ

CypherAZ New Member

God I hope so, I want to comeback to SS so bad. The battery life on CM6 is a joke, but the lag of SS4.6 is killer.
  11. heleos

heleos New Member

I have not seen any lag at all on ss4.6, it actually seems to me that it runs just as well as sapphire, and as soon as chevy gets compcache in his kernels, I'll be taking a look at 4.7 ;)
  12. mrpotatohead99

mrpotatohead99 New Member

I cannot wait for compcache!

I completely agree. Quadrant scores, and other benchmark scores are not accurate measurements in determining performance between different computer setups in general.

And yes, Chevy always teases. I like it because it keeps me amused and excited for the next release. Haha.
  13. sslbaron

sslbaron New Member

Geezzzz! There you go teasing again....:icon_ poke: I can't take it.....stooopppppp! lol
    Are you proud of yourself? (all this drool has got to be dangerous!:icon_eek:)
Search tags for this page

smooth rom low quadrant