Friendly Reminder to all members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
A lot of times when I use the search bar it comes up with no results.
Idk what im doing wrong.

I have the same problem a lot. The work around i use is to type use google and type for example ... droidforums, "black screen" ... i always have great results. when you use quotes around a phrase it doesn't look for each individual word but rather the complete phrase.

I agree with you CK. i get so upset when someone asks a question and the first answer they get is :repost: and no other information. Good job;)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
WHATEVEEEEEEER.......I'LL DO WHAT I WANT!!! :icon_evil::icon_evil:

lol j/k :icon_ devil: I really do :heart: droidforums!!! Very pleasant place for Droid Users!!

shademar

Reaction score
LMGTFO...

Just kidding. :D For the most part, the only reason I post is to try and feel useful or helpful to someone. I also find the search function to be occasionally inefficient (that is, a third of the time I can't find threads and topics I know were discussed unless I remember the exact specific thread title I was reading earlier, and sometimes even that doesn't help.)

When I first started posting, the vast majority of people were asking what widgets to add and what 'home replacements' were. Now it's all about 'what ROM should I use?" and "how do I push the themed .apk?" Yet, the new people still have the same basal knowledge. It's actually easier to have started researching a week after release (before root!) and have been eased into the whole process than it is to be jumping in now, when everyone on the forums is rooting and overclocking and theming and whatnot. Yet, because we've been here for a while, many people have lost their patience for "newb" questions. There's a balance of course...people need to research and be willing to learn, but for the people just starting out, asking questions may be the best way to do this...

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A lot of times when I use the search bar it comes up with no results.
Idk what im doing wrong.

I have the same problem a lot. The work around i use is to type use google and type for example ... droidforums, "black screen" ... i always have great results. when you use quotes around a phrase it doesn't look for each individual word but rather the complete phrase.

If you do a search on Google, without the quotes, like this:
"site:droidforums.net irc"

it will search only the droidforums.net website for the term IRC
It may also be possible to add in a Google search to this site as I've seen that on other sites....not necessarily on forums though.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know exactly what CK is talking about. I see it happen to members in the Introduction Thread constantly, and more often if a new poster makes the mistake of just posting in a regular forum on their first post.

I don't know when this forum started but The Motorola Droid, the one most of us use has only been around since the start of November. Technically that makes us all n00bs IMHO and we should keep that in mind. I still Google answers all the time for new people because the truth is I don't remember everything off the top of my head.

One other thing I would like to point out is I've noticed people criticizing the mods, saying they are too quick to close a thread. This happened recently with a fairly new person who complained about a 2.1 thread being shut down. That's done to avoid clutter, and the mods here not only do great work, they are quick to get it done and for that I give them credit.

Thanks CK for bringing up this reminder to everyone. We are indeed all here to help each other.

stumpie

Reaction score
I say we give all the Mods here a standing ovation for making this a great clean place to learn/help/ and read about the droid .... :)

cuskit

Reaction score
I know exactly what CK is talking about. I see it happen to members in the Introduction Thread constantly, and more often if a new poster makes the mistake of just posting in a regular forum on their first post.

I don't know when this forum started but The Motorola Droid, the one most of us use has only been around since the start of November. Technically that makes us all n00bs IMHO and we should keep that in mind. I still Google answers all the time for new people because the truth is I don't remember everything off the top of my head.

One other thing I would like to point out is I've noticed people criticizing the mods, saying they are too quick to close a thread. This happened recently with a fairly new person who complained about a 2.1 thread being shut down. That's done to avoid clutter, and the mods here not only do great work, they are quick to get it done and for that I give them credit.

Thanks CK for bringing up this reminder to everyone. We are indeed all here to help each other.

Hook brings up some very profound points here! And given the number of his posts - I'd say that qualifies him for providing excellent advise! Especially relative to the work our Mods here are doing. They are mostly in overdrive here, striving to stay on top of what is a phenomenal amount of posts. Patience with others contributions and questions will always pay off. :) cuskit

patriot839

Reaction score
well i have been here for awhile and thanks to all the wonderful members i have not as of yet had to start a thread in fact if someone can please tell me how just in case but it probly wont happen cause every one here is up on all things droid and i love it thank you to all members for making this a great place even for boring stock droid guys like me thanx

cuskit

Reaction score
well i have been here for awhile and thanks to all the wonderful members i have not as of yet had to start a thread in fact if someone can please tell me how just in case but it probly wont happen cause every one here is up on all things droid and i love it thank you to all members for making this a great place even for boring stock droid guys like me thanx

Starting a thread is very easy. Just click on whatever forum you want to post in. Then on the top left of your screen (about 3-4 lines down) you'll see a red box with the words "new thread" - just click on that and start typing away in the box that opens! Simple! Don't hesitate to ask if you need more! :) mikey

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me, the value of this forum has been the quality of the members and their willingness to help and share. There are enough nasty people out there so lets all show patience and tolerance!

Mike

cuskit

Reaction score
hey thanx mikey and just to ask when will the mikradle we love so much be available in the DF store

To tell you the truth, I hadn't thought about distributors yet. I kind of like to stay close to my customers, and be more of a one on one with them. I've learned long time ago through my custom cabinet shop (I build high end cabinetry - wall units, entertainment centers, bars, libraries as well as custom kitchens and baths) that once the customer loses contact with the guy building his projects, the experience may be less desirable than expected.

MIKRADLE is not just a cheap, offshore (made in china) extruded plastic trinket. It's a handmade, meticulously crafted piece of art. I spend a lot of time on each one, especially with the finish - hand rubbing through 7 coats of catalyzed lacquers. You'd be surprised at how much work goes into each MIKRADLE! This kind of handiwork lends itself to being more in touch with each buyer - something you lose when you go through distributors.

That's not to say that down the road I might contemplate something more, but for the moment - I'm concentrating on selling as I am and moving the sales end onto my own website (hopefully in another week). Okay? :)

I might hasten to add that I was in no way implying that the DF Store does not have quality products! On the contrary - they do have some very awesome stuff there! But what I'm talking about is that MIKRADLE is more like a custom product - a very unique item that is almost hand tailored for each customer. :)

May I inquire as to why you'd like to see it sold there? Are there any negative aspects to my current venue (through my presence on eBay) or future sales on my own website? I'm all ears as to what potential buyers might be looking for.

Perhaps you can respond here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...timedia-dock-mikradle-use-covers-jackets.html where it would be more appropriate. I would not want to be accused of hijacking this thread! :) mike

Last edited:

r-dubya

Reaction score
All the mods do seserve a round of aplause, except for CK... that guy is a ***********************. Oh and throw Sam in that list as well i cant stand all his ******* and all that ****** god it makes me so ******* mad i just wannt beat his ***.

:):):)

Just kidding you guys, you know i love ya'll! Thanks for making DF what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.