1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

FriendFinder - helps friends locate each other

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by jkbstanlick, Dec 10, 2009.

1. jkbstanlick

jkbstanlick New Member

[​IMG] Friend Finder
    FriendFinder is an application integrated with Google Maps that will help you and your friends find each other no matter where you are. You can choose which friends can find you then fire off your location with just the click of a button; instantly your friends know exactly where to meet up with you AND they have a map with driving, walking, or public transportation directions. No more phone calls that sound like "No, I am on the other side of the street." or "Okay, now which section of the arena are you in?" You will love this app!!!

Example
    Let us suppose we have the following people who each have FriendFinder installed on their phones. The table shows each person and who they have selected in their Your Friends on their phone and which friends they would be able to find on their Find Friends tab.

[​IMG]

Tom must be a popular guy! Everyone selected Tom as their friend and wants Tom to be able to find them, but Tom has not selected anyone as his friend so nobody can find him. As you can see, just because some allows you to find them does not mean you have to return the favor!

Tabs
    Your Location is how you update your location and optional note for your friends to see. This is how FriendFinder guides your friends to you.

Your Friends is where you select friends who will have permission to find you. You can uncheck friend(s) at any point if you no longer wish to allow them access to your location.

Find Friends contains friends who selected *you* as their friend. You can touch these friends and get maps with directions to the location they last updated.

If you have any questions please visit DroidWill.com
    or contact us directly at support@droidWill.com
  2. mach330

mach330 New Member

cool..gotta try this out.

btw..if i have friends with iphone. can we do this too for droid to non-droid users? i know iphone has a different app. how does that work?
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  3. jkbstanlick

jkbstanlick New Member

FriendFinder availability

Thanks so much for your interest!

Unfortunately FriendFinder is only available for Android.

This is our first Droid app so we are very interested in any feedback you may have.
  4. broosewee

broosewee New Member

This is nice. May I ask what is your killer feature over Latitude, which is built in Google Maps? Can it be any more precise? Can FF know your location automatically without having to push a button to update?
  5. stanlick

stanlick New Member

Thanks broosewee --

FriendFinder is *as* accurate as Google in terms of acquiring your location, since it uses the same underlying techniques. Of course, neither are accurate if you can't get a fix on the satellites. The reason I designed the "fire a flare" to update your location is on account of constantly updating your coordinates in real-time can be a real drain on your battery.

I have played with Latitude a little and from what I can tell it is not as friendly to use as FriendFinder. Wow, maybe I should call this FriendlyFriendFinder!

Peace,
    Scott (lead Android developer)
  6. jkbstanlick

jkbstanlick New Member

FriendFinder also gives you more control over what friends can see your current location than Latitude.
    Thanks again for your interest!!!
  7. blaine

blaine New Member

can u give us ur source code to study??
  8. p1ngputts

p1ngputts New Member

google maps update just came out with friend finder as well.
  9. blaine

blaine New Member

do you mean GOOGLE LATITUDE??
  10. mikejody

mikejody New Member

Lattitude or Friend Finder

Can anyone compare/contrast Friend Finder with Latitude for me? I'm trying to decide between the two for my wife and I. Thank you.
  11. stefano

stefano New Member

Nice app. thanks :)
Search tags for this page
all friend finder app
friend finder android
friend finder android app source code

friend finder app

friend finder app for android
friend finder application

friend finder for android

friend finder for droid