Friendcaster issue

baldybill

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with Friendcaster not showing the current day's birthdays?

How can we fix this?

Shurple

Reaction score
I uninstalled Friendcaster and here is why:

1. Constant having to bring me to my browser to comment or read posts
2. It QUADRUPLED my contacts memory and caused my entire phone to crash since it had no memory left.
3. News feed doesn't bring me to the top of the page, but the middle or bottom and manually scrolling SUCKS
4. Battery drainer and unstable

UNINSTALL it and find another app.

OP
B

baldybill

Reaction score
Funny...I ditched the reg Facebook app due to problems and liked this over all. Anyway, what app did you go with for facebook?

Shurple

Reaction score
None right now. Seesmic doesn't send alerts or refresh, can't see friends of friends and can't post easily on other's walls. I have yet to get Tweetdeck to work (can't get past the accounts login screen... the DONE button is grayed out).

Friendcaster WAS always a problem. I can't take their unstable app anymore and once it did that to my contacts, that was the final straw.

So I am on the hunt. In the meantime I use my browser to check FB.

Shurple

Reaction score
I am checking out a few other apps now. FEEP is one of them. Looking for Flow Free someone mentioned but no dice finding it.

TheIceCable

Reaction score
Flow free is friendcaster and it was known as bloo as well

Did that just blow your mind?

Shurple

Reaction score
oh well then that explains why i couldnt find that LOL!!!!.... the post was very old within the Feep post.

An app that changes names often is not a good sign.... trying to clear bad name?

Feep seems ok..... the feed is up to date, posting is easy but i haven't figured out how to set alerts.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
I've had no troubles with FC.
Under the Notifications tab all the birthdays for my friends are listed.

You guys are aware everytime FB changes something the app needs to be re-tweaked?
Currently they are "upgrading" messages.

Last edited:

Shurple

Reaction score
As soon as I reinstalled fc it made my phone have issues. I turned off contacts sync and it stabilized but the fake alerts to email I don't have is annoying.

Sent from my Samsung Charge using DroidForums.

Shurple

Reaction score
Ok tried Friendcaster again and it's really crap.... it force closes CONSTANTLY and generates errors every time i try to click on a notification that requires the browser to open.

srvctec

Reaction score
Ok tried Friendcaster again and it's really crap.... it force closes CONSTANTLY and generates errors every time i try to click on a notification that requires the browser to open.

Same thing it was doing to me. For now, I'm using the Facebook app again. Seems nobody can make a decent FB app. :icon_evil:

jawgapeach

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my messages not loading on friendcaster

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums