Friday is the day

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
After a brief stint with the i*hone I am getting the Maxx. Pretty excited but kinda bummed with the bootloader situation.

I have to get it from the verizon corporate store. They have a bundle deal, i don't remember the price, are they worth it? Where do you get accessories? I know some Motorolas freak out with knock off chargers.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Bang Pow Boom said:
After a brief stint with the i*hone I am getting the Maxx. Pretty excited but kinda bummed with the bootloader situation.

I have to get it from the verizon corporate store. They have a bundle deal, i don't remember the price, are they worth it? Where do you get accessories? I know some Motorolas freak out with knock off chargers.

You won't be disappointed! Best Android I've had and that is coming from og Droid, incredible, and charge. When I went for the Maxx, I debated on getting the rezound or the nexus. My son got the rezound and although he loves his phone he wishes he got the Maxx. Those I know with the nexus hate it. I rooted my og Droid and loved maxing its capabilities but so far with my Maxx I haven't found the need or desire to root yet. Accessories can be gotten anywhere...motorola, Verizon, Amazon, best buy, Costco...depends on what you want.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

travelplanet

Reaction score
If I buy Maxx from Amazon will Verizon transfer my current Droid info?

If I buy my Maxx from Amazon will Verizon transfer what I need from my current Droid? My contract is up with Verizon, but Amazon is $70 cheaper.

You won't be disappointed! Best Android I've had and that is coming from og Droid, incredible, and charge. When I went for the Maxx, I debated on getting the rezound or the nexus. My son got the rezound and although he loves his phone he wishes he got the Maxx. Those I know with the nexus hate it. I rooted my og Droid and loved maxing its capabilities but so far with my Maxx I haven't found the need or desire to root yet. Accessories can be gotten anywhere...motorola, Verizon, Amazon, best buy, Costco...depends on what you want.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats on the upcoming Maxx...I don't think you'll be disappointed either!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
If I buy my Maxx from Amazon will Verizon transfer what I need from my current Droid? My contract is up with Verizon, but Amazon is $70 cheaper.

What do you need Verizon to transfer for you? If you have your contacts synced with your Google account, it should transfer all of that automatically when you set up the MAXX (just make sure to do one last sync from the Droid beforehand in case there's something new). All of your purchased/downloaded apps from the Play store will also be available to install as well. As for personal files (music, pictures, documents, etc.), you can transfer that easily yourself as well via a computer or the microSD card.

Even by getting your MAXX through Amazon, you're still agreeing to a new contract with Verizon, so you should be eligible for pretty much all of the services Verizon provides.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
travelplanet said:

Yes, Verizon will still do everything they did before including replacing it within the warranty period if necessary.

OP
Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Anything I have to do for the battery out the box? Any calibrating? I really want to put it to the test

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Bang Pow Boom said:
Anything I have to do for the battery out the box? Any calibrating? I really want to put it to the test

First and foremost, charge to100% before you power in the phone, hard to do I know. Then use the phone until 15%, power off and repeat.

Other than that.... don't kill the battery. Use smart actions, ve aware of the internal temp of the phone. The battery can get hot and crack the internal screen.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

niteperson

Reaction score

The manual says to charge it completely before even turning it on. There is some debate as to whether or not that actually does anything, but it sure couldn't hurt.

wxman2003

Reaction score

Just use the phone. Don't worry about all that battery mumbo jumbo calibration. I didn't bother fully charging it right away, and charge it when needed. I easily get 2+ days without charging. I don't use smart actions, have my screen brightness set at 75% and gps always on. No need to wet nurse the phone or battery.

Caesars

Reaction score
This thread makes me sad...deceiving title!

OP
Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
It's Friday and no Razr Maxx for me. I called verizon about my manager approved early upgrade and they said they can only sell me the Razr, not the Maxx. The GNex is also off the table.

The only reason I wanted the Maxx was because the battery life. Off to ebay for a GNex........hopefully one with decent radios

cdf3

Reaction score
I rooted my og Droid and loved maxing its capabilities but so far with my Maxx I haven't found the need or desire to root yet.

I feel the same way. I was always installing different ROMs on my previous Android phones.
I don't find the need for it on the Maxx so far.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Bang Pow Boom said:
It's Friday and no Razr Maxx for me. I called verizon about my manager approved early upgrade and they said they can only sell me the Razr, not the Maxx. The GNex is also off the table.

The only reason I wanted the Maxx was because the battery life. Off to ebay for a GNex........hopefully one with decent radios

Sorry, what a disappointment. I think you should go for the Razr instead of the GNex. The Razr is the exact same phone as the Maxx except for the battery. The only reason I think you will be happier with the Maxx over the GNex is because I have yet to meet a GNex owner that didn't hate their phone and I don't believe the GNex battery life is any better than the Razr's.