FRG83G Official OTA Patch

pudah

Reaction score
They say this year sometime, so probably December.

I installed RZ and downloaded a fresh copy of the update. Tried to install it without unrooting. Same error. Ill try again later when I'm at my computer and can unroot. Ill try to restore google goggles too. Maybe that's the heart of the whole system...

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
let me know if that works, i'll be curious... pretty crazy, but i guess it's possible, especially given that error message

pudah

Reaction score
Unrooting didn't work at all. Unrooted. Rebooted into RZ recovery. Chose to install form SD card. Picked update.zip. Same error. I wish there was a way to fool it into thinking I need the OTA still so I could go that route again with root gone.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unrooting didn't work at all. Unrooted. Rebooted into RZ recovery. Chose to install form SD card. Picked update.zip. Same error. I wish there was a way to fool it into thinking I need the OTA still so I could go that route again with root gone.

did you restore goggles as well? it was weird how specifically your error message pointed that out

you could try flashing back to FRG22D without wiping data or cache... it might break a few apps, but it's possible most will pick up where they left off - just do a full nandroid of your current state first, obviously

pudah

Reaction score

did you restore goggles as well? it was weird how specifically your error message pointed that out

you could try flashing back to FRG22D without wiping data or cache... it might break a few apps, but it's possible most will pick up where they left off - just do a full nandroid of your current state first, obviously

Yeah I had restored Goggles. Im not going to go back that far. What does this update give anyway? Pretty minor I believe. Not worth breaking a bunch of stuff.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yeah I had restored Goggles. Im not going to go back that far. What does this update give anyway? Pretty minor I believe. Not worth breaking a bunch of stuff.

Yeah, very minor, especially if you weren't having the issues before... something to do with text recipients.

rpo

Reaction score
updated!

worked great on my droid rooted with SPRecovery. That is, i installed the FRG83G update from my SD card (press X+power, install update.zip). rebooted. checked that my version was indeed 2.2.2, but none of my apps requiring root would function. as expected, i lost root.

I then completely repeated the SPRecovery installation in jntdroid's signature by MotoCache1, step by step, then rebooted.

i'm now on 2.2.2 and I'm happily rooted with an overclocked CPU, etc. best of all, all my apps and settings are the same as before going through this process.

dancedroidA thousand thanks to jntdroid and motocache1!!!!dancedroid