Frg83d?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by smmfc, Feb 9, 2011.

1. smmfc

smmfc Member

I saw on Peter website he put up a link to frg83g and was curious as to what the difference between frg83d and frg83g is I have bb6.2.1 and it says its based on frg83d. Just curious I guess bored of waiting for a new BB rom lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. Pupalei

Pupalei New Member

Frg83d = 2.2.1
    frg83g = 2.2.2
  3. mursepaolo

mursepaolo New Member

4. vorps

vorps New Member

Here's a more thorough overview:

Breaking: Original DROID Receiving FRG83G Update Starting Today - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Basically, Android has had a bug since day 1 that could send your text messages to the wrong recipients (rarely happens, but whatever). This allegedly fixes it.

I don't think BB will ever see that fix, as Froyo's pretty dead in the water in the dev community now. You could always flash FRG83G from Pete's site, but you'd lose all the nifty enhancement Pete made in BB 0.6.2.1.
  5. Pupalei

Pupalei New Member

When running on my old build, which I just restored, it tells me my system is up-to-date, on D (2.2.1). I tried to update using Peter's post, but I got boot loop. So back to something else for me.
  6. Pupalei

Pupalei New Member

Oh man, I may have just done something very bad. I flashed the OTA update to FRG83G as an update.zip. It was on top of the Verizon FRG83D build (I'm positive). But I was rooted, with Clockwork flash, etc.

Anyway, as I stated, I'm on a boot loop. But horror of horrors, it seems to be back on stock recovery! Clockwork will not load. Phone will not boot.
  7. Pupalei

Pupalei New Member

OK, I flashed FRG83D using RSD Lite so I have a phone again. I think I just had my first OH S*** moment. Do I get into a special club now?

OK... having learned nothing, I'm ready to root again...