FRG83D to GPA11?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by johnbwright4, Feb 15, 2011.

1. johnbwright4

johnbwright4 New Member

Hey all normally I try not to post many questions and instead defer to searching for answers...however having some issues w this one. had BB on my last Droid but had to get a refurb due to a faulty charging port.

I remember the basics to rooting but seem to be having issues this time around...didn't know if it was the build on the device the store gave me or just my shortcomings, hoping for a nod in the right direction. any help is much appreciated.

I downloaded sprecovery and the newest BB gpa11 to comp and now have them on my sdcard but seem to have hit a wall getting sprecovery to load from boot. is an rsd flash necessary again despite being 100% stock? and if so to what sbf?
  2. DHO

DHO New Member

3. johnbwright4

johnbwright4 New Member

thanks for the help tried the emulator route w no luck probably bcuz I don't have su perm right now...nothings been installed yet technically
  4. DHO

DHO New Member

5. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

6. johnbwright4

johnbwright4 New Member

Thank you to all it was a simple matter of forgetting the flash step and thanks to the linked walkthroughs that was an easy fix. Finally got home from work and was able to update to GPA11 w the. 1.6 kernal and loving it. Ill post if any noticeable kinks but so far its amazing to have a real phone again. Thanks again for the help