FRG83D Build

tebower

Reaction score
Is anyone who is skilled in such things planning on incorporating this newest Droid build into Sapphire? I have no idea how, but wondered if someone was considering it.

Thanks!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is anyone who is skilled in such things planning on incorporating this newest Droid build into Sapphire? I have no idea how, but wondered if someone was considering it.

Thanks!

It's kinda pointless. Just wait to see if cvpcs includes the proprietaries into it, which probably wouldn't even make a difference :p

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Tank..do you know whats the ETA on a new sapphire release? its been pretty quiet in this subforum since 1.1.1 (not including yours .4).

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
the new release is being worked on, and we are making good progress, but we still have a ways to go to get it to the point i want it for GEM to make a comeback :)

i'm hoping maybe by xmas or new years?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
the new release is being worked on, and we are making good progress, but we still have a ways to go to get it to the point i want it for GEM to make a comeback :)

I'm hoping too. :)

Take your time, and it will all work out.

Armyof2

Reaction score
Always come back to Sapphire...nothing gives me the stability/battery life/performance all rolled into one...they all have a flaw that drives me back...Simply amazing how good the ROM stands up against any of the others that are updating constantly...just goes to show what can happen when you get it right the first time and don't have to go crazy with fixes as often

Armyof2

Reaction score

All I want for christmas is a sapphire in my stocking dancedroid

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

All I want for christmas is a sapphire in my stocking dancedroid
I know that is what my wife would like to have in hers as well! :p

Anyway I can not wait for Sapphire 2.0! If it runs just half as good as 1.1.1 has for me then it would be great!

@ cvpcs- Thank you very much for your hard work, and the info!

wingdo

Reaction score
Anyway I can not wait for Sapphire 2.0! If it runs just half as good as 1.1.1 has for me then it would be great!

So you are looking for Sapphire 0.9.2? :p

I can't wait to see what cvpcs pulls out of his ..... hat for the next release. I miss a lot about Sapphire, but the new features in other ROMs are nice to have and use. Hopefully I'll have some new Sapphire goodness for christmas.

Thoraldus

Reaction score
Always come back to Sapphire...nothing gives me the stability/battery life/performance all rolled into one...they all have a flaw that drives me back...Simply amazing how good the ROM stands up against any of the others that are updating constantly...just goes to show what can happen when you get it right the first time and don't have to go crazy with fixes as often

+1 Amen!!!!!!

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I see he was looking for Tanzanite testers last night so it probably won't be much longer of a wait. Though I guess I'll have to port the theme I'm using over to it as I doubt anyone else will anytime soon. I've had trouble porting the framework to.1.1.5 with. Everything seems to work fine except somehow I ended up with two notification bars (one that actually works, and another white strip below it lol). I don't think I can live with that. It's a snow day here so no work so I guess I'll go through the xml to find what is up. Too bad it's a pretty deep theme like DarkEdge. Maybe it's a 2.2.1 thing here. I dunno.

jayman350

Reaction score
sweet! can't wait for the next release. I have been trying out CM 6.1 since they released the final stable build. Its a very nice ROM with lots of features... but I have been itching to get back to Sapphire.

I think I'm going to flash back to 1.1.1 to get this cyan taste out of my mouth :D

kevev99

Reaction score
So hoping for the 2.0 release while I'm off from work over Christmas-new Year's. Have been running Sapphire 1.1.1 strong since it was released. Would love to flash the new release to fully take advantage of all the new stuff.

Armyof2

Reaction score
Last Twitter update was that he's going to have 2.0 out around the holidays but it will not be GB. GB is going to need a lot of work to port over the the D1 (if you look at the roms that are out there they all have sensor issues accelarometer, proximity, etc) and he wants to get 2.0 out as promised and then work on GB. So we will see GEMgerBread and I for one am excited for that! dancedroid