1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

FRG22D ROMs and intermittent flash issues

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Mbk, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

I'm trying to verify if it's related to FRG22D built ROMs or individual custom ROMs. I'm using UDv8.0 and noticed that it has issues with radio station streams directly from radio station websites, from certain other site vids like m.flash.com's cNet video flash content... the audio slurs into slow motion.
    I've heard this is also an issue that CM6 has as well, now I haven't tried CM6 but isn't that based off of FRG22D as well?
    None of the FRG22 ROMs I've tried has this issue, so I'm kinda thinking it's related to FRG22D...
  2. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

SS 4.7, as well...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. Mbk

Thanks Bro... that confirms three so far I guess... looking more and more like a FRG22D issue and not the custom ROMs.
  4. jntdroid

I'm also testing out Sapphire 1.1 and then flashing back to stock FRG22D to test... I don't *think* I had this issue on stock FRG22D, but will report back here in a few.
  5. jntdroid

Add Sapphire 1.1 to the list.
  6. Mbk

Thanks for confriming another Bro... I had just loaded Liquid 1.6, will try it out in a few....
  7. jntdroid

FRG22D stock, pure, no root, no nothing worked fine... next post I'll show a chart of what all I've tested this with over the last week or so.
  8. jntdroid

Website used: Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV (through m.flash.com)

Connection:
    tested on both Wifi and 3G in each instance

SS 4.7: his ULV and LV 1ghz kernels, PROBLEM EXISTS
    UD 8: chevy's ULV 1ghz and BD's stock kernel, PROBLEM EXISTS
    Sapphire 1.1: Sapphire's 1ghz LV and stock kernel, PROBLEM EXISTS
    FRG22D Stock: no root, no nothing, stock kernel, ZERO PROBLEM

I wanted to post a nice neat/clean chart, but evidently that's not easy with the formatting in these posts.
  9. jntdroid

So based on that testing, and THIS POST by BD in that other thread, it sounds like the "problem" is the dev's are adding a "fix" for the stagefright issue. If that's the case, I guess we should compare streaming sound quality on one of these ROM's vs stock FRG22D - but I know those sound issues on stock were inconsistent before anyway, so that could be problematic to test...
  10. Mbk

I'm loading Liquid 1.6 as I type.... wonder what all these custom ROMs have added to FRG22D source that causes this??

I'm kinda surprised that the Devs haven't picked up on this... I guess it's because it's not an issue with all flash so it's not reported enough to get their attentions??...
  11. jntdroid

Well based on that post above, it sounds like maybe they're adding a fix for the stagefright issues? Just guessing here... that would be tough to test as I think the streaming quality issues that the stagefright thing "fixes" are inconsistent anyway. But I'm really talking about things that I don't know much about now... piecing together based on some reading. :icon_eek:
  12. Mbk

I think BD stated that Google implemented the stagefright fix, and that he feels it's now up to Adobe to fix the audio issue... his patch was to disable stagefright in favor of opencore, which I've experioenced having to buffer video more.

Looks like Liquid 1.6 does 'not' have this issue....... so at least we have a starting point to see what those othe ROMs inc;uded where the Liquid did not to the Stock...

Anyways, looks like it's confirmed on all custom FRG22D ROMs except Liquid Froyo 1.6, whatever they've added over stock seems to be the issue, so perhaps one of them can figure it out ...like Xeudoxus figured out the transparency for froyo
  13. sslbaron

sslbaron New Member

I had this issue with SS 4.7 also. CNET was a bad one for this issue when I was running SS4.7. Now, I'm running Steel Droid 1.91 with no issues to date with Flash. Went to CNET multiple times (about 10x) with Steel Droid 1.91 just to be sure it was ROM related, and it worked flawlessly. Just my $.02! ;)
Search tags for this page

galaxy intermittent flash

galaxy s3 intermittent flash