FRG22 and market update

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by thinkmega, Aug 4, 2010.

1. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just applied FRG22 and came to realize the market update may not be working correctly. Here is why I make this statement:

When market update completes its process, I realize one of my apps, callTrack, is not there. So I went to the market and search for it, I can't locate it.

Last time when it happened, the solution was to apply the market update fix, or install a ROM that incorporates the fix.

I am a little surprised about this finding ... the broken market update is not a recent incident, the fix should have been incorporated into the release, imo.

2. crackedvenom

crackedvenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    isnt that what the devleopers are supposed to do? if they dont fix their app to 2.2 its not going to show up in the market?

3. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I can tell, calltrack is 2.2 compliant.

I wonder if this should have been looked into by the source, either motorola or google, before releasing it. Is that a fair expectation?

4. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Try downloading the APK from their direct website to your SDCard and manually try installing it... worth a shot no?

5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Hey….this version has an update all button on the bottom. Cool. That wasn't in the last version, at least I don't think so.

6. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have all of them backup so I am fine. I am just annoyed by all these "small" things re-appeared in the new release. Besides they could introduce new bugs, they should at least fix the existing ones...

At one point I feel we are more serious about, or pay more attention to the product than its owners.

7. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen the "Update All" button inside of market in both pete and p3d's rom. It has been around for two weeks, I think.

8. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Every release is going to have bugs. You fix one, 3 more appear. You fix those and one more appears. It's the nature of the beast.

Besides this is a leaked version, not an official. If you're not happy with it then go back to stock or find a custom ROM that you can live with.

9. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    First time I noticed….but that's not unusual for me. :)

10. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree that bugs are inevitable. However, the "legacy" bugs should be fixed, or the priority is not high enough? I dont know if they are being lousy or unreliable.

11. nateccnn

nateccnn Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    The Market has settings that an app developer can decide on how he wants his product listed in the market. Likelihood is that this particular app is set in the secure zone of the store where the market will check to see what vcersion of Android you are running. If it is an official release then you see that applicaiton in the market but if you run a leaked rom it will not show up. The market fix does nothiong more than change the text inside a file that the market looks at to see what version you are running (it also displays the version in settings, about phone).

So nothing wrong with the market. Nothing that can be fixed inside this update rom. You are running an unofficial release of the OS and the market doesn't like you right now. In a few days the release you have may become official and suddenly your app will appear out of nowhere. Or you can change that text to fool it (that's how I took care of it).

In short...it is not a bug. It was designed to do what it is doing.

Nate

12. nerdkill

nerdkill Member

Ratings:
    +0
    man this is so frustrating. everything is running so well, but i need some of those apps that are missing. guess i have to go back, bummer.