[FRF57][Release] BlackLight. A sleek black and white Android theme - 2.2, 2.1, 2.0.1

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by treminaor, May 14, 2010.

1. treminaor

treminaor New Member

The first thing you should know this that this is a port of my iPhone theme, BlackLight. (You can find it on iPod Touch Fans, ModMyI, and other iPod/iPhone forums)

Just as the title says, this is a beta. There are missing images and as of right now only framework-res, Music.apk, Phone.apk, and Launcher.apk are being released. However, I have modified the keyboard, Browser, and Settings (This one's a big problem in itself) among others. They just aren't ready for release yet. The 2.0.1 version has much more to offer because of it's compatibility with MetaMorph. (It modifies more widgets and icons as of now)

*Looking for testers running 2.0.1*
    *PM me or reply to this thread to apply*

Current Verion (2.2): 0.02
    Current Version (2.1): 0.03
    Current Version (2.0.1): 0.01

UPDATES:
    6/12/2010: Fixed black Music ongoing text in the 2.1 release. Download link has been updated (2.1).
    6/11/2010: Fixed the download for FRF57.
    6/10/2010: Froyo FRF57 released. use only with this build, or your settings might break. It has only been tested on non-ROM versions of FRF57, though it would work in all current releases of Froyo. Enjoy!
    5/14/2010: Updated screenshots to show new widgets and progress bar.
    5/12/2010: Released v0.02. Update includes many new apk's (Mainly widgets). The download link has been updated.
    5/11/2010: Fixed black clock issue and blue progress bars for 2.1 users. Fixed a possible FC for the Browser and the Phone.

Bugs (2.2)

*Music.apk ongoing notifications for music that is playing are black and unreadable.
    *All bugs from 2.1 version are still present, except Settings.apk has now been added to the release.
    *Other stuff. :p

Bugs (2.1)

* Some status bar signal and misc icons have not been changed yet.
    * Other misc framework-res images have not been changed (full conversion not complete).
    * Possible Black-on-Black text in the notifications drawer for on-going notifications. (Any app from Market with black text)
    * Settings.apk and VoiceSearch.apk (aka the keyboard) are having FC problems. For this reason, they are not included in the theme as of yet.
    * Some icons seen in the screenshots (not included in the theme) are from the desire theme. Credit goes to glObe on AllDroid for those.
    * There are some images in Phone.apk left over from Smoked Glass. The only reason they are not changed is because I haven't been able to get them to . Credit goes to AdamZ for those.

Bugs (2.0.1)
    *Clock may be black - Use SkaggzColor0.9.1 to fix it.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or praise, please let me know.

How to Download and Install (2.2):
    Remember, FRF75 ONLY. Check your version in Settings->About Phone.
    You can use either ClockWork or SPRecovery.
    Download this update.zip.
    Move it to the root of your SDCard.
    (*Note for Chrome and Safari users: Please double check that you end up with the 9MB "update.zip" file. If not, use Firefox to download.)
    Reboot your phone into recovery (Hold X key plus Camera button during boot), MAKE A FULL NANDROID BACKUP, allow unsigned update.zip's (SPRecovery only. ClockWork users ignore that step), then install.
    How to Download and Install (2.1):
    You MUST have root access and a custom recovery. (Only tested with SPRecovery, but I assume it works just as well with ClockWork)
    Download this update.zip.
    Move it to the root of your SDCard.
    (*Note for Chrome and Safari users: Please double check that you end up with the 9MB "update.zip" file. If not, use Firefox to download.)
    Reboot your phone into recovery (Hold X key plus Camera button during boot), MAKE A FULL NANDROID BACKUP, allow unsigned update.zip's, then install.

How to Download and Install (2.0.1):
    Optional: Preform a Nandroid Backup
    Download MetaMorph from the Market.
    Download this zip file and place it in the Android Themes folder on your SDCard.
    Install (Apply All) using MetaMorph

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  2. SupAll

SupAll New Member

This theme is looking pretty sweet. Many people have started to use DarkEdge, but I'm a Bugless user, so there are issues with it at the moment. Your theme would be a nice alternative, indeed. So please, keep it up. :)
  3. treminaor

treminaor New Member

Please let me know if there are any issues at all and I will be sure to help you out.
  4. oMenaceTigero

oMenaceTigero New Member

Wow, this actually looks really nice. I'd be glad to test it out for 2.1 if you get that working.
  5. treminaor

treminaor New Member

2.1 should be working as of now (except for the aforementioned bugs on the first post). And again, please let me know if I can help you with anything.

If you would like to be a tester, please let me know via PM and we will work something out.
  6. SupAll

SupAll New Member

Some sort of incompatibility on my phone. Installed the update.zip through nandroid, but upon booting up, Helix2 kept force closing. I had to pull out the battery to get it to stop as I couldn't get to the default home setup. I'm going to try to do BBv1.0 stock and re-apply that way.
  7. treminaor

treminaor New Member

It may turn out that a data wipe is necessary to keep that from happening. Because obviously there is no direct incompatibility with Helix2 itself because I am using right now... ;) (and in the screenshots)

Keep me posted and I'll keep thinking.
  8. SupAll

SupAll New Member

After installing BBv1.0 stock-theme, I managed to install your update.zip and I must say it looked pretty sweet. Unfortunately, there was quite a bit of sluggishness going on and I can't tell if its just on my end here. When I used the default Browser and pressed Menu, I got a FC. There was quite a bit of heat, but that may have been the kernel. I'm going to try to install the theme again on my previous setup, but do a data wipe.

Edit: Further tried to install the update.zip over my current setup, but I kept getting a boot loop, even after a data wipe. It appears the only way to do it is to do a clean install of BBv1.
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  9. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Hey OP if you need help with anything let me know. Black text for the pulldown is in framework-res/res/layout/status_bar_latest_event_content.xml . Again if you have questions on things or problems don't hesitate to ask.
  10. microsnook

microsnook New Member

This is sick dude.
    Plain and simple. I like it ;)
  11. treminaor

treminaor New Member

Thanks ;)
    I need to know where the text is for events like music that's currently playing. Thanks in advance for the help, it is greatly appreciated.
    Hmm. Thanks for the info. The sluggishness is definitely apparent not on my end, however depending on what you compare it to, it may be a bit slow. I haven't optimized or zipaligned anything yet, so that may have something to do with it. And as far as the heat issue, it must be kernel related. However, my theme does not contain any kernel, so it would be a problem with the BB kernel (or whatever kernel you happen to use).

I'll get back to you as soon as I am finished with my other work and have some time to spend on it.

Again, thanks to everyone for the feedback. It's much more than I've received anywhere else... :)
  12. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Statusbar.xml in the app itself is what you need. There is another thread on this just a couple of days ago.
  13. SupAll

SupAll New Member

Yeah, turns out it was the bekit kernel regarding the sluggishness and heat issues I was receiving. So far, things are pretty smooth. I was text messaging with someone and when I created the smiley, the icon was incredibly small. Other than that, nothing else I've experienced. I'll be toying with widgets and some font features, see if I can find something else that's become an issue.

Edit: I found what was causing the force closing. It is the Round Battery Icon provided here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/42494-round-battery-icon-bb1-0-smoked-glass.html.
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  14. treminaor

treminaor New Member

Thanks for the info.
  15. Notorious619

Notorious619 New Member

hey could you make icons for calendar,youtube,maps,and the alarm clock
  16. treminaor

treminaor New Member

They will be done eventually. Icons aren't really on the top of my list.
  17. treminaor

treminaor New Member

18. treminaor

treminaor New Member

Sorry for the triple post, but I want to make sure that this sends an email thread notification:

Here's the XML for BlackLight 2.0.1. Extract the .zip of the theme, verify that the name of the folder is "BlackLight2.0.1", then put it in /sdcard/Android Themes/. Then drop this .xml into /sdcard/Android Themes/BlackLight2.0.1/ and give it a spin. Hopefully there are no typo's.... ;)

Download (Right Click, Save As): http://tremdev.netau.net/tremdev/downloads/BlackLight2.0.1.xml
  19. checho408

checho408 New Member

Is there a way i can get that white battery icon only?? been lookin for a while for one.
  20. treminaor

treminaor New Member

Remove the battery images from framework-res.apk and make your own theme for them.

I have created a dropbox for the current unreleased version of BlackLight so that anyone who would like to become a tester has ready access my newest versions of the theme. Anyone who would like to become a tester (2.1 or 2.0.1, doesn't matter), PM me your email address and I will add you to the list of people allowed to access the dropbox.
Search tags for this page

android black and white theme

android theme
android theme black white
android theme download

android themes

black and white android themes
black and white framework android
black and white theme android
black and white theme for android
black light theme for android phone
how to use my phone as blacklight