Freshly Rooted...Kernel?

MrSpeed3

Reaction score
I was wondering how to improve or how to make my Droid faster. Ive seen many different Kernels. What my best choice? Im running 2.1 root. with the Shiz ROM i think. if thats even considered a ROM. Any input would help. Thanks in advance.

tu3218

Reaction score
I just rooted today and I downloaded rom manager and I download BB with 1.2 ghz kernel. So far my phone has been amazing with no freezing or lag. I'm running it at 1ghz also.

holeshot

Reaction score
Every Droid is different with each Rom. I use chevy 5 slot low voltage 1.g kernel and its all my phone will take with out freaking out. You will have to with different kernels. I am still messing with different ones myself

rustynail09

Reaction score
My suggestion is to download Setcpu and just try different one's out until you find one that runs stable with your system. I'm personally on ESE81 stock rom 2.1-update1 and am using a ChevyNo1 Low voltage 7 slot 1ghz kernal with my setcpu underclocking it at 800mhz and am running stable, not too much heat, with minimal effect on battery life.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
One kernel you can trust to run on every ROM/setup is P3Droid's. It may not be the best for some ROMs, but it is setup to run on every ROM, just by the way it installs itself. I think it's pretty good though.

slugger393

Reaction score
My suggestion is to download Setcpu and just try different one's out until you find one that runs stable with your system. I'm personally on ESE81 stock rom 2.1-update1 and am using a ChevyNo1 Low voltage 7 slot 1ghz kernal with my setcpu underclocking it at 800mhz and am running stable, not too much heat, with minimal effect on battery life.

I'm running the exact, EXACT same config, but I use the 'On Demand' option with SET CPU and 90% of the time have my droid running at 1 GIG.

It's unreal, and LauncherPro makes it even more unreal.

Seems to fly around like when i first compared the Eris to the Droid in store (swiping through screens)

I'm 99% of the time b/w 90 degrees and 105 degrees, and the 105 was with GPS navigation, pandora and the browser.

Love that I doubled my speed.