Fresh set up question

Lars1

Reaction score
Can I have Google restore my contacts but not my apps?

km75

Reaction score
Yes you can. Your google contacts will automatically be restored. After you enter your google account you will have the option of whether or not you want your apps/settings etc to be automatically restored. Make sure you leave that option unchecked and you should be good.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

sarreq

Reaction score
yes, just skip the welcome screen and set up your accounts from the system settings instead

sarreq

Reaction score
Yes you can. Your google contacts will automatically be restored. After you enter your google account you will have the option of whether or not you want your apps/settings etc to be automatically restored. Make sure you leave that option unchecked and you should be good.

doing out this way will also shut off backup though, not just skip restoration

km75

Reaction score

doing out this way will also shut off backup though, not just skip restoration

Yeah it will but then he can just go into the settings later and change it back to where google backs everything up again if he wants to.