Freezing Tablet

Leibog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung note 3
Good day, guys.

My tablet seems to show me this "Samsung Logo" when i just leave it be and i have to hard reset my device everytime it happens. The device is a tab s 8.4 on lollipop and i have rooted it already. What seems to cause this problem?

Thanks in advance!

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
My tablet seems to show me this "Samsung Logo" when i just leave it be and i have to hard reset my device everytime it happens

Oi...that can't be fun. I would hate for that to happen. So, I'm guessing by 'leaving it alone' you are just done using it then you set it down? Or do you plug it in the charger or does it not even matter?

What seems to cause this problem?

LOTS of things. Could be hardware and could be software. That's why we want to try and narrow it down. I know you're rooted, but what ROM are you running? Also, what have you tried to do to fix it yourself?

OP
L

Leibog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung note 3
Oi...that can't be fun. I would hate for that to happen. So, I'm guessing by 'leaving it alone' you are just done using it then you set it down? Or do you plug it in the charger or does it not even matter?

LOTS of things. Could be hardware and could be software. That's why we want to try and narrow it down. I know you're rooted, but what ROM are you running? Also, what have you tried to do to fix it yourself?

By leaving it alone, i just really put it beside me and when i looked at it, it had that Samsung screen and i needed to hard reset it. I haven't flashed any rom. I just rooted it to fix the sd card problem while running Greenify and Rom Booster.

It just happened less than 3-4 times and all i did was hold the power and volume key until it resets but damn it's scary everytime it does that. I just want to prevent it from happening.

So, that samsung thing on screen means something wrong with the tablet? I mean I also am curious on why it happens besides wanting to fix it.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I would get rid of both Greenfly and Rom Booster and see if the problem goes away. Android is pretty good at managing memory and these apps could cause a conflict.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
By leaving it alone, i just really put it beside me and when i looked at it, it had that Samsung screen and i needed to hard reset it. I haven't flashed any rom. I just rooted it to fix the sd card problem while running Greenify and Rom Booster.

It just happened less than 3-4 times and all i did was hold the power and volume key until it resets but damn it's scary everytime it does that. I just want to prevent it from happening.

So, that samsung thing on screen means something wrong with the tablet? I mean I also am curious on why it happens besides wanting to fix it.

The logo on the screen just means it's trying to reboot and is frozen. I agree with Jeffery, try uninstall at least RAM Booster. It's a task killer and they don't play nice with Android when set to auto. It could be killing system stuff that is causing the tablet to reboot and freeze until you manually reset it.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
L

Leibog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung note 3
Thanks for the advice!