Freezing apps with titanium on ics

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble freezing apps with titanium backup on ics? It tells me the app will be frozen and it will be removed from my app drawer, but when I go to the app drawer it is still there. It also doesn't appear to be frozen within titanium backup, on my dx it would almost gray out the app. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I have cleared data on the app and rebooted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

scdown

Reaction score
Is it necessary to do that with Titanium? I thought ICS let you disable apps so they didn't run and didn't show up in your app drawer?

OP
cjriddle22

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Did you update busybox and/or super user?

I believe so, titanium tells me everything is okay. No other root apps give me an issue. And I'm able to run batch files to backup all of my apps, it appears the only thing that doesn't work is freezing.

OP
cjriddle22

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Is it necessary to do that with Titanium? I thought ICS let you disable apps so they didn't run and didn't show up in your app drawer?

Ics does allow this to happen, but that option is only available for system apps. I can disable gmail or my verizon mobile, but the option does not exist for say angry birds or tetris or any downloaded app.

alienware777

Reaction score
Ics does allow this to happen, but that option is only available for system apps. I can disable gmail or my verizon mobile, but the option does not exist for say angry birds or tetris or any downloaded app.

But why would you want to freeze those? Just uninstall them.

OP
cjriddle22

cjriddle22

Reaction score
But why would you want to freeze those? Just uninstall them.

Some are paid apps I would rather just freeze. I know they still be available for download from the market, but I was just wanting to freeze them. I know there are work arounds such as uninstalling, but I am trying to use Titanium for what it is intended for. For example, I have laucherpro and adw ex, but right now I am using the stock ics launcher, so if I feel like mixing it up, I can just unfreeze them and be on my way.