freezing all the time

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR HD' started by ImJustMeow, Oct 31, 2013.

1. ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow New Member

I am sick and damn tired of my phone freezing at least twice a day.. Its really annoying!! I want you throw this damn phone against the wall. Or even better, I'm going back to the old school flip phone

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Droid Forums
  2. droidbionicmaster

droidbionicmaster New Member

Try wiping cache and if that dose not work do a clear wipe of phone

3. ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow New Member

How do i do that

4. lloydsw

lloydsw Member

1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .

2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS

3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to SELECT

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.

4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)

5. Press and hold the VOL DOWN key, then tap and release the VOL UP key.

Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 5, try a force reboot by pressing the power Key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.

6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)

7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to SELECT this option.

8. The device will then perform the partition wipe

9. Once the Formatting is complete, press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT

11. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence .

1. Turn off the device.
    2. Hold the Volume Up and Power Keys together.
    3. Release the keys when the MANUAL MODE screen appears.
    4. Wait 2-3 minutes.
    5. Press the Volume Down key to scroll to delete all cache data.
    6. Press the Power key to select.
    7. Wait for a few seconds ad the device clears information.
    8. Press the Power key to select reboot system now.
    9. Wait as the device restarts.
  5. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Lol, hey! Havent seen you around for a while, yeah, this phone is LAGTASTIC and you must perform a Cache Wipe weekly if not more.

Remember when we loved our phones? What was that... 8 months ago? Now they are just bricks. So much for the praise they got.

Anyway. Ive said it before and I will say it again, the phone lacks RAM, it only has 1 Gb. But here is the kicker... even the new iPad Air has a whopping 1 GIG of memory too yet works flawlessly.

Now Im not sure if its the CPU's problem of handling the RAM it has or what, but I do know Android phones with more than a Gig of RAM run MUCH smoother, like the HTC One... night and day...

These phones, from my experience now need at least 200-300 FREE megs for the phone to run adequately like they should ("premium device my ass")

So try the mentioned above. It works for me and stops me from throwing this thing out the window.

Let us know.
  6. rudywilliams

rudywilliams Member

I have the S3 and it started doing the same dance within the last couple of weeks. After cleaning up cache, etc. it still did it. Then I decided perhaps the Lock Screen setting would have to be turned off. It has been several hours now with no problem. It also eliminates that sweep step in getting it awake. I will wait on the 4.3 update then see if anything changes after that (scheduled for 11/22).

Update: 11/6 I gave the phone a really good workout, including one "Hangouts" Video call, checking Real Time GPS, Skype running all the time and many web views. Usually I have a little over an hour on Pandora with Bluetooth running, but took a day off from the gym, but I did crank it up for a minute. It hasn't frozen and rebooted and I noticed less power drain in spite of the extra activity. That being the case, I plan on keeping the Lock Screen off.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  7. PereDroid

PereDroid Well-Known Member

That's always annoyed me. We have to slowly trickle out these updates. Really? The first 3 years of Android all the phones had 1 GB. Now they have 2GB. In 2 or 3 years they will get 4GB. Let's just cut the BS and starting putting 8 ion there. At least. Tell me they can't? So sad...
  8. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Yeah, I dont get it. It cant cost too much to throw an extra Gb or 4 on there. I just played with my friends HTC one again, and it made me depressed LOL
Search tags for this page

android freezes all the time

motorola droid 2 will not power off
razr freezes
razr freezes during phone call
why does my android freeze all the time
why does my motorola razr freeze all the time