Freezes and Force Close

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by ethame, Jul 24, 2010.

1. ethame

ethame New Member

I've searched these and other forums, I'm not seeing this problem anywhere else, but still hoping someone can help me out here.

I just rooted and installed BB v0.4, first time rooting.

I followed directions that said clear the data off the phone once the first time, I installed BB, and it was a bit wonky at first - unresponsive and just hanging there after I entered my information for my gmail account, I would get the sync icon, after awhile everything seemed alright but I would get a lot of freezes and force closes (Launcher mostly)and the phone would just become unresponsive and require me to pull the battery (I learned about the power+R key for restart yesterday)

occasionally after a restart it would freeze but would eventually come back. It was annoying though so today I rewiped the phone (and did it 3 times on both wipe options in sbrecovery) and reinstalled bb v0.4

Now, the phone is loading into the os, and just becomes unresponsive and freezes constantly, give me force close messages on the launcher.

I'm at a loss for what to do - either I'm doing something wrong (I suspect this is the case) or I need to tweak something that I didn't come across in any directions.

Anyone have advice on this issue for me?

Thank you
  2. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

I guess you missed the part about froyo restoring your apps and to leave your phone alone for a bit? But the sluggishness is to be expected.

If after wiping you still have issues you may have one of the rarer phones that can't handle 800mhz which is what the rom runs at....and you may have to chose a slower kernel.
  3. ethame

ethame New Member

I did miss that, haven't read that part anywhere...it would've automatically have restored my apps? Damn.

It's running good right now. Next time I install a rom about how long should I wait?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. ethame

ethame New Member

OK, so I decided to wipe my SD Card, start fresh and all that.

I had one freeze I don't know what caused it but overall it seems to be better.

After I turned on WiFi, connected and signed in to my google account I left the phone alone for an hour an a half. I don't see that it restored any apps yet, any idea how long this should take or is there a process for that that I missed?
  5. harminator

harminator New Member

App restore

I've been waiting for a day and half, still no apps have restored for me. I started downloading them again...
Search tags for this page
droid razr freezes on force close

droid x force close

droidx force closed
i have a vtab1008 and it constantly freezes up on me to wher
upgraded sd force close