1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Freeze/remove apk files without a proprietary app

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by Mr. R, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Mr. R

Mr. R New Member

Hello,

I am not sure where to put this thread, but I am using CM7. I have tried looking on the CM Wiki, but I cannot find what I am looking for.

I am trying to "get rid" of some apk files that come with CyanogenMod on my Droid X, so that means I'm using the Nightlies. But since I often flash a new nightly every 2 to 3 weeks, the files get restored, for example, in /system/app/, and it shows up in the drawer and everything (I am using ADW Launcher). I am only going to use open source software solutions for this--nothing proprietary.

Originally, I was using Ghost Commander to rename the .apk files to .old files and rebooted and not even logcat would complain. That used to work fine until I put a new nightly on. The .old files were cleared out and replaced with some new apk files. It is fine to have it update the apps, but I still want the apps frozen--not hidden from the drawer. Is there a way to do this using adb or without proprietary apps?
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  2. SaxaDroid

SaxaDroid Member

Well I modify the zip before installing it on my phone
  3. Mr. R

Mr. R New Member

Good idea. But I also want the other apps up to date. And modifying the zip every time I want to flash a new nightly on could be a waste of time unless I used a script to automate it...
Search tags for this page
android freeze apk
app freeze apk
cyanogenmod freeze app
freeze android aplications apk

freeze apk

freeze la huida apk
freeze la huida apk full
freeze sprintomadmplugin.apk
freeze.apk

how to freeze apk

how to freeze apps cyanogenmod